Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 AutoSet - Nightstand placement
ResMed S9 AutoSet - Nightstand placement
I've had my AutoSet for just over a year and up until now have had a piece of Rubbermaid drawer liner on my nightstand. It was my intention with the drawer liner material to stabilize my machine so it wouldn't fall off. That much I have accomplished as I've been lucky I guess and it hasn't fallen from the nightstand.

This weekend we will be going on holiday for a week or so and I removed the water chamber so I could learn how to take the machine apart properly for transportation in its case. I was surprised to see that the bottom of my machine was entirely sticky from sitting on the drawer liner sheet - apparently during hot weather. I managed to gently wipe the stickiness from the machine with a couple of audio wipes I use on my laptop. Now.......what is a good material to put under the machine at home and in a hotel to stabilize it?

I don't want to damage my machine but I'm at a loss here. I use the 6ft cord and usually don't have any close calls with the machine getting close to the edge of the nightstand. Any advice would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet - Nightstand placement
what is a good material to put under the machine at home and in a hotel to stabilize it?

I don't want to damage my machine but I'm at a loss here. I use the 6ft cord and usually don't have any close calls with the machine getting close to the edge of the nightstand. Any advice would be appreciated.

I use two soft foam rubber backed mouse pads with a fabric facing under my PR750 , the feet of the unit does not slip on the fabric face and the soft foam rubber keeps it on the night stand . Plus fits in your travel bag along with the extension cord that should also be carried when traveling . Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2014, 02:40 PM)JWR Wrote: what is a good material to put under the machine at home and in a hotel to stabilize it?

I use two soft foam rubber backed mouse pads with a fabric facing under my PR750 , the feet of the unit does not slip on the fabric face and the soft foam rubber keeps it on the night stand . Plus fits in your travel bag along with the extension cord that should also be carried when traveling . Eat-popcorn

Thanks Smile What a great idea. Will add two mouse pads to my shopping list for tomorrow.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've never bothered to put anything under my S9 machines (I've had two, so far, keep upgrading myself) the rubber ring on the bottom of the units has always provided plenty of traction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have mine on a low stand sitting on the floor next to the bed and nightstand, er...actually it is a sturdy cardboard box with snug fitting lid (not a flap open).

It's lower than the bed so that IF there is condensation or spillage into the hose it likely won't reach *ME*.

Because it is lower, it also gets pulled a bit UPWARD more than getting pulled off and downward.

I also have it block a bit so that pulling it off horizontally is very difficult.

This 'design' could be made a lot better but someone less lazy than me would need to do that. Smile
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I go with the plastic milk crate next to the bed so it is lower (like Herb said). And it is the open milk crate surface that lets air flow rather than on a towel or something (not sure that's a big deal). It works for me and can't really pull it up or towards the bed. If it was and issue I strap it down or put sides up to hold it.
Good Luck
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: CPAPHolder.jpg]

I've have similar setup but the machine placed on a small stool between the bedside table and the bed and fastened with an old belt
Post Reply Post Reply
I simply use the tiniest bit of museum or quake proof putty. Locks the S9 down tight and the putty is easily removable, doesn't stain, etc.

Google the term "museum putty".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 466 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 593 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 678 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.