Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 AutoSet vs Philips Respironics Sytem One needing Auto SV Setting
ResMed S9 AutoSet vs Philips Respironics Sytem One needing Auto SV Setting
Hi there

My sleep study showed that I need an Auto SV BiPap machine.

In searching the internet, I could only find two devices that supported this mode.

1. ResMed S9 AutoSet Auto SV with humidifier and heated tubing

2. Philips Respironics System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced

I have used the ResMed s9 AutoSet SV for my sleep study titration. Other than that I haven't seen nor used the System One device. I have seen comparisons between the two devices and they seem to be rated similar. If I have to decide, what would be the tipping to push me over one side or the other.

Any thoughts on these two systems?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rick
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet vs Philips Respironics Sytem One needing Auto SV Setting
Talk with your sleep doc and DME; they should allow you to try both machines to see which one works best for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2013, 10:23 PM)PollCat Wrote: Talk with your sleep doc and DME; they should allow you to try both machines to see which one works best for you.

Thanks PollCat for such a quick response. Is it normal for a DME to let you try both?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2013, 10:14 PM)Richg44006 Wrote: Hi there

My sleep study showed that I need an Auto SV BiPap machine.

In searching the internet, I could only find two devices that supported this mode.

1. ResMed S9 AutoSet Auto SV with humidifier and heated tubing

2. Philips Respironics System One BiPAP autoSV Advanced

I have used the ResMed s9 AutoSet SV for my sleep study titration. Other than that I haven't seen nor used the System One device. I have seen comparisons between the two devices and they seem to be rated similar. If I have to decide, what would be the tipping to push me over one side or the other.

Any thoughts on these two systems?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rick
Hi Rick,

Different models are sold in different countries. For ResMed the ASV machine sold in the US is the S9 VPAP Adapt (confirm it has REF 36037 on the back). In the UK there are two units sold and you want the S9 Autoset CS-A (confirm it has REF 36211 on the back).

The Respironics machine of choice is the DS960 machine. Make sure it says 960P on the bottom and not 950P.

Both the ResMed and Respironics 960 are good machines. I happen to use the ResMed but would not be receiving better or worse care if I had gotten Respironics. The AutoSV units are one of the more expensive types of machines. It is not customary that they would let you take one of each home and try them out. Generally the DME or the doctors office will have a favorite vendor.

Welcome to the forum. Keep asking questions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 525 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,861 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,624 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,260 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 162 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.