Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Clinical Settings
Question 
ResMed S9 Clinical Settings
Hi,

I have just changed from a nasal pillow to the new ResMED F30i face mask.
I changed the mask type in the clinical settings from PILLOW to FACE.
When I did that the Smart Start feature turned OFF  and I can't turn it on (it's "grayed" out)

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Clinical Settings
Hi dneilsen4580!  -  Welcome

The SmartStart feature is not compatible with an FFM setting on an S9.  This is listed in the User manual. For some reason, I believe this was changed in the last firmware version on the S9. Mine would not allow me to turn SmartStart on when in the FFM setting, but would work if I set it to either Nasal or Pillows setting. After turning it on, I could switch to the FFM setting, and it would remain active.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both SmartStart and FFM on my S9.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a chat with a ResMed consultant today.

They advised me that, for the S9 in Australia, the "Full Face" setting is not compatible with "SmartStart".

If a firmware upgrade to allow SmartStart is possible, I am not sure how I would go about getting a firmware upgrade without it costing me money.

I had already asked about getting my machine serviced but the response was "If it's still working properly, then you don't need a service."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 9 16,831 04-03-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 125 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 307 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Felt like I was suffocating last night! Changed too many Clinical Settings at once. JoshuaApneaProblems 3 391 01-17-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 348 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 530 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 888 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.