Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info
ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info
I got a very slightly used ResMed S9 Escape Auto about a month ago to temporarily replace my recalled DS1.  I know it is a BRICK and not supported by OSCAR but it seems it is at least capable of storing some information on the machine (or SD card).  I can read my daily AHI, hours used, max pressure, also weekly, monthly, 3 months, 6 months averages, etc..  

Question:  Is there a way to retrieve this data from the SD card so that I can at least look at it on a chart form and track this info for my own use?  Obviously not a lot of useful data but some data is better than none.  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info
All it will provide is the summary information. Try loading into OSCAR. The worst thing that can happen is it won't read the card.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just loaded my ResMed card into OSCAR and at least it read the card.  But just as I expected it only gave me compliance information (usage and session times) nothing else.  Somewhat frustrating since as I mentioned, in the machine I can at least read my AHI and Max Pressure for the day, average for the week, month, 3 months etc..
Post Reply Post Reply
Those machine values that are are displayed are stored in short-term memory on the chip and are not written anywhere.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2021, 06:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Those machine values that are are displayed are stored in short-term memory on the chip and are not written anywhere.

You are correct!  I was just hoping the data was also stored in the SD card since I can read them off the machine. Not a problem. I knew the shortcomings of the Escape going in, just thought i can get more out of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I have to answer my own original query.  Posting it here in case someone wants to know the same info I did.

Did a little more digging and found that there is this thing called ResScan software by ResMed.  I've been using CPAP for 8+ years but never used a ResMed machine till 2 months ago so it is the first time I've heard about this software, also I'm a "set it and forget it" type of CPAP user and obviously not as technically savvy on the intricacies of CPAP therapy as most people in this forum.  

Anyway, ResScan basically answers all the questions I've had before, i.e. the data I can read off the machine is actually recorded on the SD card and ResScan allows you to do a graphical display of this data.  Aside from the compliance information that OSCAR provides, ResScan provides in addition, the nightly AHI & AI (events/hr.) and Max, 95th %, Median pressures.  It also can show statistics on these data over a time period.

As expected no other information is available from my BRICK (S9 Escape Auto) unit, but I'm pretty happy I got the capability to read and review the data stored in my CPAP's SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 132 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 410 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.