Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Elite -- MANY apnea events still
RE: ResMed S9 Elite -- MANY apnea events still
Robysue,

It's hard to believe that you were ever a newbie!! Too-funny

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard this mentioned before and am curious what you are referring to, you and others I mean?
Something about having to take the data card out BEFORE 12pm?

Quote:Oh, if you care about absolute time, add 5 hours to what is shown. I got tired of the data on the display disappearing at noon, so i set the clock back 5 hours to keep it until 5pm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 09:42 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: Something about having to take the data card out BEFORE 12pm?

Noon is usually the time at which the "CPAP date" changes from yesterday to today. So any use of the machine before noon means the data collected will be lumped in with the previous night's data, and anything collected after noon with the next night's.

The only thing this affects is the way the data looks.

I don't think taking the card out at noon has anything to do with this.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 09:42 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: I have heard this mentioned before and am curious what you are referring to, you and others I mean?
Something about having to take the data card out BEFORE 12pm?
On the Resmed machines there is a clock on the machine that can (and should) be set to local time through the Clinical Menu.

The S9 writes the high resolution data and the detailed data directly to the SD card each night. It finishes writing the night's data within a few minutes of the machine turning the machine off.

At 12:00 noon according to the machine's clock, the S9 will "zero out" the data on the machine's LCD so if you want to look at the LCD, you need to look at the LCD before the machine thinks it is noon. This does NOT affect the data written to the SD card at all. So you can pull the card out of the machine at any time during the day and load the data into ResScan or SleepyHead and you'll see all the data from the previous night.

But ResScan (and SleepyHead) define a "usage" day as running from 12:00 on the machine's clock to 12:00 noon the next day on the machine's clock. So if you sleep through noon, when you look at the data in ResScan or SleepyHead, the data will be split across two different days. SleepyHead has an option for changing the time to "split" the data between two days; Resmed does not.

So if you often sleep past noon AND you are using Resmed, changing the clock time allows the sessions that cross the noon mark to show up as one session on one calendar day.

Or if you want that nightly data to hang around on the machine's LCD past noon, you can reset the clock, and that will let the LCD data to be visible for a longer period of time.

It's also worth knowing the following about how the S9 stores its data:

The only data stored in the S9's physical memory is the summary data. The high resolution data and the detailed data are written directly to the SD card each night, and if there is no card in the machine during the night, the detailed daily data is lost. The summary data will be written back to the card when the card is reinserted. ResScan can use the summary data to display some basic information about that night's data; SleepyHead relies on the detailed data files and does NOT use the summary data. Hence if you forget to put your card back in an S9 for a given night, SleepyHead will report that there is NO data available for that day.

The S9 has the irritating habit of overwriting the high resolution wave flow data every 7 days and the rest of the detailed data every 30 days. So if you want all your wave flow data, you must import the data into ResScan or SleepyHead at least once a week. If you want to have the other data available, but don't care so much about the wave flow, you must import the data into ResScan or SleepyHead at least once every 30 days.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 09:24 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Robysue,

It's hard to believe that you were ever a newbie!! Too-funny
I wish I could say that I didn't remember my newbie days.

But I had a really long and really hard adjustment to PAP and even now I can't say that I really sleep as well as I should be sleeping: I still have some real problems with insomnia that set in during my adjustment period and as I've gotten older, the delayed sleep phase problem has also grown worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 10:25 PM)robysue Wrote: At 12:00 noon according to the machine's clock, the S9 will "zero out" the data on the machine's LCD so if you want to look at the LCD, you need to look at the LCD before the machine thinks it is noon.

Or if you want that nightly data to hang around on the machine's LCD past noon, you can reset the clock, and that will let the LCD data to be visible for a longer period of time.
FYI, you can get your nightly data past noon (providing you don,t take an afternoon nap with pap) from 'advanced info menu'
Press and hold both silver buttons for 3 seconds, turn the dial to 'sleep report' and click to scroll down

All explained in the clinical manual, you can get it from here
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 14 420 1 hour ago
Last Post: BigWing
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 50 10 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,407 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 581 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 96 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.