Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Elite "Re-writing data to SD card"
ResMed S9 Elite "Re-writing data to SD card"
Last night i had the SD card in the machine, but this morning discovered it was not 'seated' so really was not in.

I put the card into laptop and verified there was no data for last night (with write protect on). Tonight at 10p I get ready for the night, put the card back into CPAP with write protect OFF, and the screen says "Re-writing data to SD card" !! With a button press required for yes or no.

Huh? &*%^^ I have never seen this before, and I don't want the thing re-writing the card because I know the machine holds a lot less data than is on the card, right? When card was in the computer all looked fine ( although I observe there are only five big files, which I assume are the Flow data--I thought it kept a week?)

I don't know whether to tell it yes or nno to rewrite.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Elite "Re-writing data to SD card"
(08-10-2014, 09:36 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Last night i had the SD card in the machine, but this morning discovered it was not 'seated' so really was not in.

I put the card into laptop and verified there was no data for last night (with write protect on). Tonight at 10p I get ready for the night, put the card back into CPAP with write protect OFF, and the screen says "Re-writing data to SD card" !! With a button press required for yes or no.

Huh? &*%^^ I have never seen this before, and I don't want the thing re-writing the card because I know the machine holds a lot less data than is on the card, right? When card was in the computer all looked fine ( although I observe there are only five big files, which I assume are the Flow data--I thought it kept a week?)

I don't know whether to tell it yes or nno to rewrite.

Put the card back into your PC, and copy the entire card to a directory on your PC. That way, you've saved all the data that's there. ResScan should already have a copy of the data.

After that, I suggest to let the S9 rewrite the data. Let us know what happens.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Data on the device
Visible via the user interface, the Sleep Quality Indicator allows patients to view a snapshot of their therapy.
Designed to provide daily feedback and encouragement, the Sleep Quality Indicator identifies usage, leak* and AHI* information.

The Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure.

SD card
The S9 Series is shipped with an SD card inserted. It provides detailed graphical data and high resolution flow data.
The S9 SD card stores:

365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*.
* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Detailed data written directly on the card, if the card was not in the machine during sleep, detailed data (including flow data) is lost but when you put the card in the machine, the machine write summary and statistics data on the card up to 365 days
ResScan shows summary and statistics data but no detailed data
SleepyHead shows no data if no detailed data on the card

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I put the card in last night and told it 'yes' to 'rewrite' the data. All is well today.

I think the word 're-write' is very poor as it implies "write the same data over again. What I think the machine was wanting to do was to put the data on the SD for the night where the card was not "in"--not fully inserted.

It may do this by just writing ALL of the data it has to the card rather than just adding the missing stuff.

As an aside, I noticed that the cad is 1GB, but only has about 35M on it for about 2.5 months. I think ResMed has very poor algorithms in deciding to erase the flow data off the card but for 5 days or 7 days or whatever. There is no reason they could not implement a mechanization to leave everything on it, then when it needed space for another day, just erase the OLDEST data. It is totally silly how they do it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,041 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 244 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.