Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 AutoSet - how to change pressure & other questions
Question 
S9 AutoSet - how to change pressure & other questions
Hi everyone,,
This is my first time here and I need help.
I live in the Philippines. Sleep clinics are very few here, but anyway, I found one, and I was prescribed a cpap machine.
I ordered and got the s9 resmed autoset from the United States, but it didn't come with the humidifier ( I don't know why?). But it's very humid here anyway, so I don't think I will need to use the humidifier.
My questions are ( pls help...)
1. Do I really need the humidifier?
2. If I don't, where do I attach the hose on the cpap unit? I don't see any place in the device to attach the tube into?
3. My doctors report says " the recording is consistent with severe obstructive sleep apnea that improved with cpap at 12 cm of water.. The patient should use nasal cpap at the above named pressure with appropriate masks and fittings"

Is 12 cm the pressure? How do I set that or is the machine already set for me when I bought it and sent my prescription?

I am getting very confused. Please help anyone...

Thanks
MaxOh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with resmed s9 autoset.. Please. I am new here.
Welcome to the forum, Rajmin
Please list your equipment in your profile so we can help you
Reply to your questions
1- Not everyone uses humidifier, for now try without and see how it goes. You can always get one later on
Suppliers #2 and #10 ship internationally http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

2- All explained in the clinical manual, important you read it and get yourself familiar with machine setting and functions such as EPR, Ramp, etc
You can get it via email, scroll down to bottom of the page
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
S9 setup video and pictures http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

The air outlet where you connect the hose is on the side of the machine
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReEqKrmjf0WBkjlyxTcQD...6w08lkG1Yw]

See pages 1 & 2 for the instructions http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf

There are two types of hoses, slim line smaller diameter and standard
[Image: slimline%20tube.jpg] [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9u1ICpcZLaQxlnvOJbhN...eLzYCNW3ZA]
SlimLine hose ........................... ........... ............... Standard hose
You can select the type of hose you,re using (press the setup menu button), 'SlimLine' for the slimline hose or 'Standard' for the standard hose

3- Yes, 12 cmh2o is the pressure
See the above links 'how to setup your CPAP'

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: To those of you not yet sure about all of this stuff:
Bump2

Attention .... Mods and Admin
Rajmin post and any replies related to his post might be better served in a separate thread
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: To those of you not yet sure about all of this stuff:
(08-10-2014, 03:45 PM)zonk Wrote: Attention .... Mods and Admin
Rajmin post and any replies related to his post might be better served in a separate thread

Posts have been split off into a new thread. Thanks Zonk.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 AutoSet - how to change pressure & other questions
Hi Rajmin,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
As far as the humidifier is concerned, you may find that you don't need it. Some people don't need them.
I use mine year-round.
Before I started using CPAP, I was proned to nosebleeds, the humidifier helped with that, especially in the winter time here where I live.
Of course, YMMV.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of lluck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S9 AutoSet - how to change pressure & other questions

Hi Rajmin,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
As far as the humidifier is concerned, you may find that you don't need it. Some people don't need them.
I use mine year-round.
Before I started using CPAP, I was proned to nosebleeds, the humidifier helped with that, especially in the winter time here where I live.
Of course, YMMV.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of lluck to you with your CPAP therapy.
[/quote]

Thanks so very much to Trish and super sleeper and most esp to zonk.

I still can't find good masks in the Philippines, so I will have to get them from the states again.
The ones being sold here are almost double or more in price.
Actually I am excited to start using the cpap machine... But no mask yet...
I sleep about 8 hours a day, but I wake up very tired. I really need to use this.

Again thanks very much for all the advise,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 150 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,426 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 108 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,702 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.