Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Error "high current fault"
ResMed S9 Error "high current fault"
I got my S9 stop working for a while. I can setup everything, but once I push the start/stop button, it shows:

Humidify Level
High Current fault
Contact your service provider

Well, it's been long, they are no longer in business.

I can't find cause anywhere. Does it mean electronic part got shot sometime? Can I replace a part? Rest of the machine seem well.

Also, if I push the start/stop button, the unit got restart sometime. And, when I plug power supply in, the humidifier part has a small red light flushes.

Please help, any suggestion is welcomed and appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Error "high current fault"
G'day yyyy, welcome to Apnea Board.

It sounds like your humidifier has a fault. What happens if you detach the humidifier from the main unit and turn on the main unit? Do you still get an error? If not, then you may need a new humidifier. Supplier No 2 (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List) has a used Resmed humidifier listed for $90 at present.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi yyyy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you with getting your machine problems straightened out.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much, I did disconnect the humidifier unit, the error message stays same, "humidifier" was in background.

It reset by itself once a while during my setup. Can I call Resmed support? or do I have to buy a new one? $569
Post Reply Post Reply
If it isn't the humidifier, it may be the heated hose or the power block.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2015, 06:12 PM)OpalRose Wrote: If it isn't the humidifier, it may be the heated hose or the power block.

It would not be the heated hose if he gets the error message with the humidifier disconnected from the machine.

YYYY,
Did you turn your machine off and pull the plug from the outlet while you disconnected the humidifier? Then plug back in and turn PAP unit on. Do you still get the same error message?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
PaytonA, Thanks much again. Yes, I did unplug power and hose and reset for a while, then start. The result are same, since I did it several times along the way, That's first thing I can think of.

Is their support friendly and helpful?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2015, 08:13 PM)yyyy Wrote: Is their support friendly and helpful?
friendly and helpful are relative terms.
About as friendly and helpful as AT&T, Dell or CitiBank.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll need technical bench service. The error is detected by a MOSFET device that monitors current flow and triggers the system off when it is out of normal parameters.
Post Reply Post Reply
That could very well be, as my house got shocked by thunder once. I don't have whole house surge protector, so many phones and electronic devices get smoked, but this one was fine at that time.

Can I force a manufacturer reset?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 126 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 118 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,422 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.