Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Escape vs other S9s
ResMed S9 Escape vs other S9s
I currently have a Resperonics Remstar Plus unit that I got in 2006, was approved for a new unit and had my second ever sleep study last week. First one in 8 years. Need some advice and new post to the boards here. I am considering this model, what more do the other two ResMed S9's have that the Escape doesn't? I saw it in the office of the sleep center and it looks pretty neat but that doesn't always mean its the best thing to have. Advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Med S9 Escape
(08-12-2014, 01:11 AM)GSHELTON11 Wrote: I am considering this model, what more do the other two ResMed S9's have that the Escape doesn't? I saw it in the office of the sleep center and it looks pretty neat but that doesn't always mean its the best thing to have. Advice?
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
Comparison guide: http://www.resmed.com/au/products/produc...clinicians

AutoSet and Elite are data capable machines display efficacy data, AHI, leak, etc .. and detailed data graphs
Escape only display hours and nothing else

I would steer away from the Escape, AutoSet is my first choice, can be set as a fixed pressure machine or auto-PAP ... two machines in one

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Escape vs other S9s
Bump2
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 01:11 AM)GSHELTON11 Wrote: I currently have a Resperonics Remstar Plus unit that I got in 2006, was approved for a new unit and had my second ever sleep study last week. First one in 8 years. Need some advice and new post to the boards here. I am considering this model, what more do the other two ResMed S9's have that the Escape doesn't? I saw it in the office of the sleep center and it looks pretty neat but that doesn't always mean its the best thing to have. Advice?
Hi GSHELTON11,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The Resmed S9Escape isn't a fully data-capable machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you on your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the links in my signature line.

The Escape doesn't record any data about your apneas while you sleep. it only records the settings and the time you use the unit.

The Elite and above detect apneas and other problems, and record every breath you take during the night. It will also detect if you have air leaks.

Elite is sort of like a mini sleep test automatically every night. You or your doctor can see how well it's working, how many apneas you have, how serious they are, etc. The Escape records none of this.

In my opinion, using the Escape is like treating diabetes without checking your blood sugar at home.

Some DME's (CPAP salesmen) will deceive you and tell you the Escape records therapy data. It only records on/off times and settings.

If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

There is an "Escape Auto" that's a little better than the Escape in terms of data collection, but you should still avoid it because the AutoSet records much more data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2014, 09:52 PM)archangle Wrote: Check the links in my signature line.

The Escape doesn't record any data about your apneas while you sleep. it only records the settings and the time you use the unit.

The Elite and above detect apneas and other problems, and record every breath you take during the night. It will also detect if you have air leaks.

Elite is sort of like a mini sleep test automatically every night. You or your doctor can see how well it's working, how many apneas you have, how serious they are, etc. The Escape records none of this.

In my opinion, using the Escape is like treating diabetes without checking your blood sugar at home.

Some DME's (CPAP salesmen) will deceive you and tell you the Escape records therapy data. It only records on/off times and settings.

If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

There is an "Escape Auto" that's a little better than the Escape in terms of data collection, but you should still avoid it because the AutoSet records much more data.

The Elite is a straight CPAP machine. It is set to one constant pressure. The AutoSet can be set to an Auto CPAP mode where the pressure moves within a range you can set. Both the Elite and the AutoSet record all your sleep data so that you and your doctor can determine the effectiveness of your therapy and make any changes that you might need. The Escape and Escape Auto only give compliance data and nothing about the effectiveness of the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 433 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli
  ResMed S9 ESCAPE Auto SD card info jas32 5 1,003 10-16-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: jas32
  [CPAP] ResMed S9 Escape Auto - Setting issue vale94 4 1,161 06-11-2020, 05:15 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  [Equipment] resmed s8 escape kennybleep 4 1,041 01-13-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Hoping to Escape Insopita 23 2,846 05-22-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Switch repair on Resmed S8 Escape II Images MRIBOB 8 13,486 04-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Rockethound

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.