Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

RERA chunk
RERA chunk
Good morning everyone,

Hope you guys had a good one.

Mine was good but there are some unusal rera.

4 RE happened in the same chunk once after the other.
Another rera happened a bit after and OA.

I ran 10 km yesterday evening. Could it be related? Is it something i should look into or it will go away like it came?

I,m happy about my low ahi though. 1.4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-P3aJu...sp=sharing

Thank you,

Ghandhi
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RERA chunk
Maybe you were sleeping on your back when the cluster of events happened? Maybe they happened during REM sleep? Maybe they "just happened"? I'm not sure how running 10k could cause events - but, even if it could, why would that affect just a small portion of the night? In any event, your RDI is only slightly over 2 (AHI = 1.43 then add the RERA per hour of .71 gives an RDI of about 2.14), which still meets the criteria for "successful treatment". I don't think I would worry too much about one night's data - especially if your indices remain well below 5 and you feel rested in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
About running the 10k the heart beat runs faster untill full recovery after the event. So i thought maybe the heavy breathing and the hr higher could impact. Why just a portion ?Like you said it could be in correlation with sleep position. Maybe it has nothing to do with the running.

Next time i dont a heavy run i'll check if during the night there are any rera. I rarely have them. So i'll be observant.
Maybe it's the sleep position or some random night

Thx for your time NickDanger
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck, Ghandi!
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe that cluster was during a REM period and you were dreaming about the effort of that run.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's very clever surferdude2. If my sleep cycles are really 90 minutes it happened exactly during R.E.M.

The other day i had a discussion with someone about how dream could affect apnea. Like if we are experiencing an extreme event in a dream it could literraly leave our body breathless and induce an apnea episode.

I love your theory.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with spotting flow rate RERA's apnea505 3 183 03-14-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: apnea505
  Respiratory effort- related arousals (RERA's) MrIvanDrago 3 708 11-01-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  PLM pattern or RERA spikes? permabear 35 2,243 08-20-2023, 03:24 PM
Last Post: permabear
  [CPAP] What's the best CPAP for reducing RERA events Anthon 1 578 08-11-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Interrupted sleep: RERA and Flow limitation xaid 2 772 07-09-2023, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Persistent OA, Hypoapneas and RERA events despite Pressure Increase chewielotuses 7 1,026 04-23-2023, 09:04 PM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  High mask pressure causing RERA? webweaver 2 1,073 12-15-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.