Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Humidifer 5i Error Message
ResMed S9 Humidifer 5i Error Message
Hi,

I encountered an error message : "Humidifier Fault, Replace Humidifier" on my ResMed S9 Autoset unit. May I know if anyone has encountered the same, what was the cause, and what was the fix done?

Because of the said error, I am too curious, that I checked the external attributes of the humidfier. I noticed that the contact point of the Humidifier has 4 holes, BUT, only 3 holes has copper into them, while, the lower right hole do not. May I know if this is the same among the users of the same unit? Is this the way it should be?

Thank you for your help.

atta_gurrrrl
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Humidifer 5i Error Message
(07-07-2015, 12:42 AM)atta_gurrrrl Wrote: Hi,

I encountered an error message : "Humidifier Fault, Replace Humidifier" on my ResMed S9 Autoset unit. May I know if anyone has encountered the same, what was the cause, and what was the fix done?

Because of the said error, I am too curious, that I checked the external attributes of the humidfier. I noticed that the contact point of the Humidifier has 4 holes, BUT, only 3 holes has copper into them, while, the lower right hole do not. May I know if this is the same among the users of the same unit? Is this the way it should be?

Thank you for your help.

atta_gurrrrl

Troubleshooting: Displays error message: Humidifier fault, replace humidifier
http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi atta_gurrrrl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question about your humidifier.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy, good luck to you with getting your problem with your humidifier straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just had this happen a couple of times. In my case, I had forgotten to fill the water reservoir and awoke from the hot air. I filled it and the fault occurred. Found this in Resmed's documentation. The third one (which I bolded) is my answer. Let it cool before adding water. That fixed it and I did not need to replace the humidifier.

Quote:Displays error message: Humidifier fault, replace humidifier:

Device has been left in a hot environment. => Allow to cool before re-use. Disconnect the power cord and then reconnect it to restart the device.

There is a fault in your H5i heated humidifier. => Discontinue using your H5i and contact your clinician/service provider.

Refilling the humidifier with cold water while humidifier is still hot after therapy. => Allow the humidifier to cool before re-filling.

Filling the humidifier with ice cold water on a warm day or with hot water. => Use room temperature water.
Post Reply Post Reply
After 8'731 hours, my 5Hi humidifier now suddenly displays the error "Humidifier fault, replace humifier". As soon as the error displays, the blower also stops working. Will go to the DME tomorrow, to see about replacing humidifier, or getting a new unit.

;-< gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also having the same error. How did you resolve your problem? Thanks, Ron
If the shoe fits, see if there is another one just like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have struggled with this error condition for awhile.  I have determined that in reality, this is some kind of failure in your heated airline tube.  It is probably *not* the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 335 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 185 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,793 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 10 humidifer reservoir runs dry after 4 hours jwtm 18 1,200 12-24-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Error 1 Rafael Bezerra 1 327 12-20-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,185 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 762 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.