Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Advice re sudden deterioration in AHI
Advice re sudden deterioration in AHI
I have been using a Dreamstation auto CPAP to good effect and on a regular basis - initially, the improvement in AHI was dramatic  - from around 20 to 1 or 2 - and I felt sooo much better , but in the past few weeks the AHI has been slowly deteriorating but always under 5.   I funded my own machine as the NHS in the UK was only going to provide a fixed CPAP.  Unfortunately at the time I needed it, I was unable to get a Resmed machine. I clean tube and mask regularly in warm soapy water as well as change the filters in the machine.

Using the Philips Dreamwear hybrid nasal/oral mask as struggled with the others I tried initially.  It has worked well all along with very little leakage.
About 5 days ago, my AHI suddenly went from 3.2 to 18.8 overnight and I felt awful the next day. There was a leak which showed clearly on the Philips software which I always check every morning, even though it is quite basic - it does give an indication.   So I made some adjustments to the mask fit and there was an improvement to an AHI of 8 the next night.   I did feel a little better next day.  Last night the AHI was up at 9 again.   Feeling rather sleepy now and needing to take a nap, something which normally doesn't happen anymore since I started the CPAP therapy.

Just wondering what could have gone wrong here and how I can best manage it and hopefully improve again soon- the mask is in good condition, no signs of tears or damage. My Dreamstation also has the humidifier attachment and heated tube which I use every night as well, I buy distilled water and change it every day as I do have allergies and tend to have sinus problems unless I am careful.  No particular problems at the moment.

What graphs would be most useful from OSCAR for all those knowledgeable folk on here and would uploading a copy of my initial Sleep Study be helpful as well?    I would be so grateful to get some advice on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Advice re sudden deterioration in AHI
A standard screenshot (F12 in OSCAR) of your Daily screen is a good starting point for us to see what you are experiencing.  Have you gained any weight or had a prescription change or addition, basically ANY change to your life or lifestyle?

PS: Please update your profile.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,831 8 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 304 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 181 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 145 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 804 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.