Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Mask Settings
ResMed S9 Mask Settings
I am using three different types of masks: ResMed Swift Fx (with Bella Loops); ResMed Quattro FX and the Mirage Liberty. I understand the ResMed Swift Fx is a "nasal pillows" mask and the Quattro FX and Mirage Liberty are "Full Face Masks"... right? So, when I am changing the settings on my ResMed S9 I have four choices for "Mask Settings": Nasal Ultra, Nasal, Full Face and Pillows.

So my question is: is the Swift Fx a "Nasal" or a "Pillows" setting?

Second question: What is a "Nasal Ultra"? Maybe I should give one of those a try, too! Laugh-a-lot

I like being able to switch masks and, so far, I'd rate the Swift Fx the BEST, then the Quattro Fx next... and the Mirage Liberty is pretty weird. I had hoped to solve the problem of my "loose lips flapping in the breeze" at night with the Mirage Liberty, but so far... I haven't given it much of a "go" because the "head gear" is pretty complicated.

Thanks to all who have given Apnea Board this wealth of information!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Mask Settings
(07-26-2013, 12:31 AM)MAPnea Wrote: So my question is: is the Swift Fx a "Nasal" or a "Pillows" setting?

Second question: What is a "Nasal Ultra"?
1- Pillows
2- Ultra Mirage II Nasal Mask http://www.resmed.com/us/products/ultra_...clinicians

Mask / Flow Generator Settings http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/s...sa_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi MAPnea,
The Mirage Liberty is considered a Full-Face Mask, (FFM,) so you would set your machine to the FFM setting for that one.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you zonk - especially for the mask/flow generator settings link and to you, too, trish6hundred.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 259 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 319 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 502 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.