Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 "Motor life exceeded"
ResMed S9 "Motor life exceeded"
My machine just works with no problem and then the other night it started getting wonky and I had trouble breathing. I never look at it because it just works but now I see there is this error message. 
My Kaiser insurance, which I no longer have anyway, didn't help pay for it so I am on my own but do I get it fixed or replaced? I don't know where to start. I'm now on traditional insurance and dread the BS and calls if I'm paying for it anyway. 
Any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 "Motor life exceeded"
Go to AliExpress and search "Ventilator turbine ventilator motor fan motor ventilator machine fan ResMed S9 ResMe S10" and you will find the replacement blower motor. There is an extended thread here that shows the repair process for this problem http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-S9-Blower-Motor There is a good YouTube tutorial on replacement of the motor here: https://youtu.be/fpWD_5_YLzs

You may want to consider replacing the CR2032 coin battery in the machine and there is also a thread for that. You should be good to go with these repairs. Inside view of Resmed S9 http://www.apneaboard.com/S9/ResMed-S9-inside.htm
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 89 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 106 16,997 04-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Restrepo
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,417 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 453 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,291 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 322 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,453 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.