Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?"
RE: ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?"
I've used ResScanv4.2 on my Windows 7 machine for four years without problem.  I recently installed ResScan V5.1 on a laptop running Windows 10 and Windows 10 also writes the unwanted "System Volume Information" folder to the SD Card.  This happened even with the WRITE LOCK switch set to LOCK.  

To restore my card, I went back to my primary Windows 7 machine, copied all of the data off to a temporary directory, then went back to the S9 and answered "Yes" to the Corrupt SD Card - Erase Data? question so that the S9 could format the card and copy all of the settings information to the card.  Back on the computer, I restored the DATALOG folder with the most recent detailed data and all was good.  I once again had sufficient data on the SD Card for the doctor appointment to verify compliance etc.  

I don't know why or how Windows 10 was able to write to the card even with the WRITE LOCK switch enabled, but will look into it because this makes using ResScan very difficult on a newer computer.  Does anyone know if the AirSense 10 machine has the same problem as the S9 when it comes to being sensitive to that extra Windows folder?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed 10 series machines and all Respironics machines are not affected by the Windows index files. The S9 is the reason we went to SD card write protection.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The posts here are so helpful.
Had a power outage the other day.  My S9 is plugged into a surge protector.  That's saved me before.
I had to remove the card to start my machine.
After it started, I put the card back in. It was fine.

I called my DME.  They are happy to sell me a new ResMed SD card.  It's quite a drive.

I posted elsewhere.  I understand I can use any brand.  I'll buy a new card, and give it a try.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Resurrecting this zombie thread...

I've had my ResMed S9 for about six years. Its time to get a new machine but my old sleep clinic closed so yesterday I went to a new Neurology Center. They pulled the SD Card and downloaded data for the doc to read. When I got home I got the Invalid Card error. After reading all the threads on the board I'm about to reformat the card and see what happens. Not too worried about the SD card...I expect to get a new Airsense 10 in a few weeks.

What worried me was losing six years of sleep data...but I saw a comment in the thread that I want to confirm. Is it true that the card only holds 30 days of data? If that's true I'll just do the reformat and not worry about it...
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been it has been my experience that some versions of Windows mess up the SD card. If you move the little switch to read only before you put it in a computer it won't damage it. But if your doc didn't do that then putting it in their computer could have messed it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just let the S( format the card nothing to loose and your downloaded data (Oscar or Sleepyhead) will be unaffected. My Sleep Clinic erases my data every year
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. I’m new here but have been having error messages from my Resmed S-9 when I insert card I get error that says “Are you sure? Data re-writing to SD card, press yess to continue” if you press “No” it will say Remove SD card and press start to begin therapy” . I saw somewhere something about the card was not “write Protected” before reading it on computer and windows wrote a hidden “volume” file to it and that file needed to be deleted because the S9 couldn’t operate with windows information being written to it? This happened the last time I visited my Drs office too. They put a new card in it and it worked fine. Today I installed Rescan and did a report. When I reinstalled SD card into bipap I got the same error. How to I lock and unlock the write function of my SD card? How can I keep windows from writing to my card every time I insert it into computer? I think this must be why I’m getting this error after card is read or my card reader on my S-9 is going bad?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just allow the S9 to format the SD card by pressing yes summary information will be written back to the card. Or carry out the following activity to delete the hidden files

Where d drive is the drive the SD card is when inserted into the pc

Insert the SD card in your reader
Open a cmd prompt

Then type the following

D:
rmdir /Q /s “\System Volume Information”

Then pull out the SD card from the PC that should allow the S9 to read the SD card

IF not just let the S9 format the card detailed flow information will be lost but the summary information required by your dr will be written back to the card
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
like Thank you so much! I was able to remove windows volume information and S9 is happy again. During this process I noticed the sliding lock and unlock on the side of the card too. Wish I had noticed it before inserting it into my computer - seems my Drs office hasn’t been locking card before reading the last few times either...
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are running Windows 10, you might try this:
  1. Right click "Computer"
  2. Select "Manage"
  3. Double click "Services and Applications"
  4. Single click "Services".
  5. In the right pane, scroll down and find "Storage Service".
  6. Right click, and select "Properties".  
  7. If it is running, click the "Stop" button.  Then in the dropdown labelled "Startup Type:" select "Disabled"
This will prevent the unnecessary storage service from running, since it is responsible for creating System Volume Information on SD cards and USB drives.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 232 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] BMC G3 A20 SD Card English Language file aabman 12 2,045 03-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,145 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 249 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.