Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?"
RE: ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?"
I've had the "invalid SD card" message for some time and tried various solutions (copying to my hard drive and back) without success until today! If I flip the switch on my SD card to LOCK, it prevents SleepyHead from writing on it and when I put it back in the S9, the error is gone! Try it!

PS. I talked to the Resmed people and they say it is no big deal to erase the card. Apparently all the data is on the machine and when it erased the card, it copies the important stuff back the next time you power up the machine. So this is not really a problem but I like the ducks all in a row!

Don't forget to flip the switch back before placing the card back in your S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
No doubt you are running a Win8 system. You missed the big party. We had a world series for SD data card corruption miscreants and Windows 8 won by a huge margin. In fact all other contenders failed to make the cut. Win8 seems to be the only system with enough colossal gall to presume it's OK to use the SD card for its own purposes rather than keep its hands off, like all the other systems and softwares are doing.

So, you're not really blocking SleepyHead but Win8. Be aware that the lock switch method works on most systems but some card readers have been known to ignore that switch and still allow writing to the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Windows 8 is the new Vista. Another fine pig of an operating system out of Redmond WA.
It seems it feels the need to write a hidden system file, "System Volume Information" which apparently holds restore points. Why they would think it necessary on an SD card is a mystery.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all who took the time to troubleshoot this issue.

I have a ResMed S9 AutoSet, as of Saturday, 20 Sept, and so far my Windows 7 has behaved itself and I will be VERY careful IF I update to Windows 8.

But then, sitting beside me is my Sys Admin; otherwise known as my hubby (Athanasios, and he has just joined this board!). Who is a APAP/CPAP user since 2003. He helps me whenever I run into a problem - but we had NOT known about Windows 8 writing to a SD card until this forum figured it out.

Thanks again,
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Athanasios to our humble little website... Your bride has been doing great! Now that you each have your own machine, maybe it's time to get one for the cat.

By the way: the problem does not occur on Windows 8. Just Windows 8.1. It's a new thing they did for us.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2014, 10:59 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Welcome Athanasios to our humble little website... Your bride has been doing great! Now that you each have your own machine, maybe it's time to get one for the cat.

And HER response would be: MeeOOOOWWWWW!

But, fire departments are starting to carry pet/cat respirators...so maybe a CPAP for a cat is not a bad idea. Grin!!!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is an older post but I gotta say I'm so glad I found it! I was losing what's left of my mind with my Resmed S9 always saying "Invalid Data Card, Format... etc" Had zero idea it was Windoze 8 causing the issue!

Thank you folks for the info about Win 8. Much appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just simply say Yes, knowing that the data will replaced.

BTW, if you insert a new SD card into the S9, will it format it for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2016, 07:23 PM)holden4th Wrote: I just simply say Yes, knowing that the data will replaced.

BTW, if you insert a new SD card into the S9, will it format it for you?
yes. the trick, as seen above, is keeping it from formatting the card Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info about deleting the "System Volume Information" directory. I  used resscan to check use, and surprise, the SD card started giving the message. My insurance needs the info, so that was a relief, plus the company that supplies my stuff need not know I can get into the card info. Funny thing, the card has been read before with no problems by someone else. Maybe he locked it, looked at the data, then unlocked it and handed it back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 230 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] BMC G3 A20 SD Card English Language file aabman 12 2,045 03-07-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,142 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 249 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.