Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 SD Card issue
ResMed S9 SD Card issue
    Recently when i turned the S9 on, it gave me a msg "invalid data" do you want to erase?, did not want to lose data, so removed card, started machine, re installed card worked fine, until the next night. So, put in a standard kingston SD card, all worked well. My supplier sent a new ResMed Card, same issue as original.... Since no data stored on new clicked yes to erase, all seems fine???? Going to take in for a check up, any thoughts or experience would be appreciated. I had never taked my card out intentionally, might have knocked loose changing filter???? no windows 8 or anything as on other threads...???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 SD Card issue
Since you,re not using any software, unplug the machine from wall outlet, wait for a while and plug it back
Action is required otherwise the machine does not start with this message displayed on the screen
If you click yes, you,ll loose detailed data as detailed data stored on the card. The machine store therapy and compliance data (for insurance reporting) up to 365 days and write this data on the SD card whenever SD card inserted

Before you do that, might want to download the data on your computer so you don,t loose any detailed data, lock the card before inserting it in card reader so nothing get written on the card and corrupt it, unlock before insert in the machine

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi grizwilson,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responces to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've encountered lots of problems with Resmed SD cards. Power interruptions seem to really confuse the cards.

As above, saying YES doesn't do anything to the data on the machine. Losing the detailed data on the card really isn't a big deal IMO.
Post Reply Post Reply
As the others have said, losing data on the card is not a big problem. The machine will retain what's important for the sleep doc's and insurance co's use.

The fact that you have experienced this problem a couple of times without any apparent reason could point to a problem with the card reader in the machine itself. Or possibly even the logic board on the machine, although that is doubtful. In any case, keep an eye on it, and if it re-occurs you might want to investigate exercising the warranty on the machine.

Yes, it could just be crummy cards, but I doubt that too.
Post Reply Post Reply
There have been a few ResMed machines with crappy card readers.

Are you taking the card out to get the data off yourself? If so, are you "locking" it before you put it into your computer? Is your computer a Mac?

Or is the machine doing this all by itself just with the ResMed cards? If that's it, then I'd vote for bad card reader. Either that or the DME has a batch of bad cards but then everyone would be complaining, not just you.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a ResMed Auto 9. I removed the SD card to look at last nights data using ResScan. This worked great. However, when I put the card back in the machine it asks me if I really want to erase the data on the card. When I say no, it says to remove the SD card to start therapy. If I remove the card the machine will work fine but not record anything. If I say yes to erasing the data, the machine will record all subsequent data to the SD card. What this means is that I cannot view the data on the card without destroying it on the card when I put it back in. I read about "locking the card" what does this mean and how do you do it with the S9?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: JBall61

No problem.... Just let it erase the card. Once it does that, it will automatically write all the data back to it with the exception of the detailed graph stuff. That detailed stuff is kept on the card for only 7 days anyhow. So in other words a week from now it would drop off anyway. In the meantime you have it on the computer, and you have everything your sleep lab needs on the card at all times.

I predict you are using Windows 8.1. That operating system writes a stupid little file on the card when you stick it in the machine. That's what the Resmed is unhappy about. To avoid this in the future, set the "lock" on the card before you put it in the computer. But 5 months from now when you forget to do that, just let the Resmed have its way with the card and know all is in fine order.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 101 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,035 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 654 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.