Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Skipped a Beat?
ResMed S9 Skipped a Beat?
I look at my data every day and save it. The other night it did not record any data at all. The card is not locked and the card is not full. Last night, right in the middle of the night, it stopped recording any data for a period of time and then restarted on it's own. Has the S9 got an intermittent failure or can it have some other problem? Also the clock has been way off from the actual time (not PST or DST). Can I reset the clock without loosing any data on the card or data saved internally in the S9? Thanks, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Skipped a Beat?
Sometimes unplugging and plugging machine does the trick
Its been suggested to reset the clock after noon (12 pm) as CPAP day start at noon

The S9 write compliance and therapy data on the card and detailed data written directly on the card so the card have to be in the machine while using the machine otherwise no detailed data if card inserted afterwards

S9 manual, page 21
Sets the current date or time. If you set a new date or time that occurs in the past then an ‘Invalid date/time, data exists for this period’ message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data – available under the Configuration menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2013, 02:42 AM)zonk Wrote: Sometimes unplugging and plugging machine does the trick
Its been suggested to reset the clock after noon (12 pm) as CPAP day start at noon

The S9 write compliance and therapy data on the card and detailed data written directly on the card so the card have to be in the machine while using the machine otherwise no detailed data if card inserted afterwards

S9 manual, page 21
Sets the current date or time. If you set a new date or time that occurs in the past then an ‘Invalid date/time, data exists for this period’ message is displayed. Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data – available under the Configuration menu.

Hi. Thanks. The data card was in the machine, and unlocked, during both times. Once when it stopped recording data in the middle of the night and then restarted, and the other time when it did not record any data for a whole night.

I do not want to loose the past compliance data in the machine. I do have all the compliance data on my CD that I have with all my other daily data.

Regards, Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
Check the time on the machine itself. It could be it had a blip and reset the time. It goes by whatever time it thinks it is. At what it think is noon, it will continue recording, but move the data to the next "day". That moved data may not be viewable until more data is recorded. I've had this happen a few times when I sleep past noon. I slept from 5am until 1pm, 8hrs. I viewed the data and it said I'd slept 7hrs but the next day was blank. The next actual day, let's say I slept from 1am until 9am (since I don't remember the actual time), another 8hrs. The machine, however, says I slept 9hrs since it had the other hour in storage. Even though it happened on the previous actual day, to the machine, it was on on the same day.

Confused yet? I am! LOL

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2013, 10:28 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Check the time on the machine itself. It could be it had a blip and reset the time. It goes by whatever time it thinks it is. At what it think is noon, it will continue recording, but move the data to the next "day". That moved data may not be viewable until more data is recorded. I've had this happen a few times when I sleep past noon. I slept from 5am until 1pm, 8hrs. I viewed the data and it said I'd slept 7hrs but the next day was blank. The next actual day, let's say I slept from 1am until 9am (since I don't remember the actual time), another 8hrs. The machine, however, says I slept 9hrs since it had the other hour in storage. Even though it happened on the previous actual day, to the machine, it was on on the same day.

Confused yet? I am! LOL

Hi. OK. Thanks. That might have been what happened. Regards, Bob.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like Daylight savings time made the gap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2013, 09:10 AM)jbernardk Wrote: Looks like Daylight savings time made the gap.

Hi. OK. Thanks you are right. Regards, Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2013, 09:10 AM)jbernardk Wrote: Looks like Daylight savings time made the gap.

I believe you are right. I had the missing final hour of graphs this morning too. And then I noticed that the time was off by an hour. I'll adjust the clock in the S9 before going to bed tonight. Hopefully that will fix it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skipped therapy last night, big mistake tbhausen 4 462 01-02-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] Racing heart beat and ringing in ears. Kelseyharry7557 3 567 02-17-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  X-ray video of beat-boxing - tongue and palate visible pholynyk 1 543 08-22-2021, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Treatment] Dry mouth. Heart beat. dan3 7 3,565 10-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.