Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Temp Setting ?
ResMed S9 Temp Setting ?
Hi- new to the Group and new CPAP user. I have a ResMed S9 machine and I can't figure out how to set the Temperature. From what I can find in other postings it is apparently on Auto. I can't find where to change the temp- it's too cold right now.

thanks
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Temp Setting ?
Your profile says: Humdifier: None. It that incorrect... 'cause you cannot set a temp without one.
Now, if you do have an H5i connected, then you can set the humidifier depending on your type of hose.
For the climateline -- you set a temp. For a standard hose you set a number.
Plus, control must be set to the patient in the clinician's menu for you to have control.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 11:42 AM)justMongo Wrote: Your profile says: Humdifier: None. It that incorrect... 'cause you cannot set a temp without one.
Now, if you do have an H5i connected, then you can set the humidifier depending on your type of hose.
For the climateline -- you set a temp. For a standard hose you set a number.
Plus, control must be set to the patient in the clinician's menu for you to have control.

Sorry my mistake. I do have a Humidifier- H5i, attached to the machine. thought S9 covered the entire unit. I will fix that. I think when I first got, I could change the temp.

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi paulsav,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 11:46 AM)paulsav Wrote: Sorry my mistake. I do have a Humidifier- H5i, attached to the machine. thought S9 covered the entire unit. I will fix that. I think when I first got, I could change the temp.

Paul

Now we need to know what type of hose. The climateline is push on and twist to lock the electrical contacts.

What do you see on the screen when you push the start button... if a number, then it's a regular hose and you turn the knob to increase temp of the humidifier warming plate. I run mine at 5.0.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If you see a single digit number (with a big blue "drip" symbol) when you turn the dial to set the temp, then you have the regular hose on. (Or you have the climate line and it is set to manual. Then you would have a second setting to set the temp.)

If you see a temp (with a thermometer and droplet double icon), then you have the climate line.

You do not see a temp unless you have the climate line on.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 03:05 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you see a single digit number (with a big blue "drip" symbol) when you turn the dial to set the temp, then you have the regular hose on. (Or you have the climate line and it is set to manual. Then you would have a second setting to set the temp.)

If you see a temp (with a thermometer and droplet double icon), then you have the climate line.

You do not see a temp unless you have the climate line on.

Thanks your comment made me check my hose. I had not twisted it into place so it "locked" and the electrical contacts mated. I now see thermometer and drop. Thanks for your help.

Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh cool! I did something right today! Wasn't doing so hot on other stuff in Real Life. Oy.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I too have the same Resmed setup that you have. One of the best things I did was to purchase the climate line hose for this system. I set the air temperature to 85° and this has stopped all dry throat and coughing conditions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The setting will be different for each person depending on where they live and how they have their house set up. A climate line's sole purpose is to prevent rain out. If the temp of the room and the air temp in the hose are about the same, then there will not be enough condensation inside the hose to be a problem. If the room is cold and the air in the hose is warmer and humid, yep, gonna need one or you'll be rudely awakened by the Gurgling Hose Monster.

There is a sensor on the S9s that detects the ambient humidity in the room. If the room is already humid-ish, it won't heat up the water as much because there's already moisture in the air being sent to you. This is why some nights we run out of water before morning and some times it seems we can go all week and not use a drop.

So one person running it at 85F won't produce the same result as another person also running it at 85F.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,170 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,996 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 512 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.