Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt SV for Complex SA
RE: ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt SV for Complex SA
I have one full night of use on my new S9 VPAP Adapt SV and I love it: so far only had a total of four events, 3 hypopneas and 1 apnea - no centrals; a first for me. I also had no OSA events. it's definitely far superior to CPAP for comfort and apparently control of Complex SA...
Pete
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2013, 08:31 AM)zimlich Wrote: That doesn't seem fair, the premium machines prescribed for noncompliant patients. It should be the other way around. You get a brick (none should be without data capability) until you prove compliance, then you get to choose among available models. My former DME tech told me I wouldn't believe how many machines end up in the closet. But, then maybe they've got a point. If they gave everyone an AUTO, a comfortable machine to use, maybe more folks would use them. If Bilevel and AUTO were not more comfortable why did they include EPR or flex models? I had a VPAP Auto 25 which was quite a versatile machine, it would operate in CPAP, Bilevel and AUTO modes. I used to consider CPAP the most comfortable for me and the pressure changes bothered me, but that is until I got my ASV. The ASV has been a life changer for me. For the first time the past year has been a joy. It took a little while, but my stubborn depression resolved and for the first time I am consistently awake and alert throughout the day.
Pete, will you give us progress reports as you use the new machine?

Hi,

I am perplexed by your post.

What if you're in my situation where I can't stay asleep on the machine you have no matter what I do and perhaps I would have better luck on a fancier machine? I know of a situation where someone got off of sleeping meds by doing that.

I mean, this wasn't an issue of my hating pap therapy as I greatly looked forward to it. But if you can't sleep on the machine that you have, something is obviously wrong and it always just due to sleep hygiene issues as so many experts want to claim.

49er

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: ". . . there is no "S9" version from what I've found."

There certainly IS an S9 VPAP Adapt SV available from ResMed. Go to [commercial DME link removed] online for just one example of a commercial source and price (before insurance benefit).

-- papit

Admin note: Thanks for the S9 clarification, Papit. Sorry I had to remove the direct DME link per our rules. In the future, you can simply say "please go to Supplier #10 in the Supplier List". Thanks. -SuperSleeper

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi papit, welcome to Apnea Board!

Thanks for joining in our discussions.

Take care
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2013, 05:10 AM)vsheline Wrote: Hi papit, welcome to Apnea Board!

Thanks for joining in our discussions.

Take care
--- Vaughn

My pleasure, Vaughn. Very informative and caring site.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 281 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complex Sleep Apnea: Help Analysing OSCAR and advises C3POap 4 326 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 630 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.