Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 VPAP S, Auto, Adapt w/ASV
RE: ResMed S9 VPAP S, Auto, Adapt w/ASV
(04-29-2014, 01:48 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Guess I got caught by the same sort of documentation for my S8. I just went and checked my CPAP and it only comes up with 3 modes.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

No worries Smile I goof all the time myself. And I rely on others to point out my mistakes when I make them - to me this is what learning is all about. No harm, no foul Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
So if the prescription says "BiPAP-ST therapy on 10/4 cm H2O and back-up rate of 10," is he only eligible for the S9 VPAP ST or can he get the S9 VPAP ST-A?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2014, 09:55 AM)JohnNJ Wrote: So if the prescription says "BiPAP-ST therapy on 10/4 cm H2O and back-up rate of 10," is he only eligible for the S9 VPAP ST or can he get the S9 VPAP ST-A?
I'm going out on a limb here, but unless there are features that the VPAP ST-A has that are required to fill your friend's prescription, my guess is that he will only be eligible for the S9 VPAP ST.

Only things that I can think of that might trigger the need for a VPAP ST-A is if the IPAP pressure is > 25 (which your friend's is not) OR the need for a mode called iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) OR the need for a mode called PAC (Pressure Assist Control).

iVAPS is used when the patient has certain other respiratory conditions that affect the lungs (as opposed to just the upper airway) that can lead to too much CO2 being retained during sleep. (Too much CO2 is not the same as not enough O2). I haven't found any understandable information about PAC. But it seems that both PAC and iVAPS are pretty specialized PAP/non-invasive ventilation modes that are not going to be needed except under very rare circumstances in a non-hospital setting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,332 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.