Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 air turns off after seconds
ResMed S9 air turns off after seconds
I have had the unit for 11 years. Maybe time to get a new one? The air supply turns off after five seconds, and the screen has an “Attention” warning about the power supply. Which is weird because if there was a power supply issue then wouldn’t the unit just not even turn on or light up? Anyone else with this issue?
Thanks,
Jack
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 air turns off after seconds
Hi jfk19562003!  -  Welcome

It could be the power supply.  Try disconnecting the H5i humidifier and try running it not being attached.  If it happens to be the power supply, Amazon has some 3rd party suppliers that have ones for the S9 at very reasonable prices.   There are 2 supplies that came with the S9.  A 30-watt if you ordered the S9 without the H5i, and a 90-watt supply for all other configurations.  I believe the 3rd party ones only come in 90-watt, but it doesn't hurt to verify.

The way the S9 determines the proper supply for its configuration, is based on a resistor between 2 of the 3-pins in the power connector.

I hope you find a resolution to your problem.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. It looks like the 3 pin cord is now a 2 pin, so I’m going to be heading to Amazon or ebay.
Jack
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a 96-watt power supply by KFD for the S9. I have had very good luck with this brand. I have used both the DC-DC one for the S9 and both the AC-DC and DC-DC ones for the A10 series for several years without any problems.

Here is a link to the S9 AC-DC supply: https://www.amazon.com/KFD-Adapter-Machi...B07XJTR4T7

Also, you may wish to look in the S9's power receptacle for the missing pin.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] AS 11 turns on by itself midday multiple times bdcox65 2 1,521 06-16-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Been There
Surprised [CPAP] Drinking & CPAP & Stopped breathing 120 Seconds? (Missing Data) SleepyRob 3 770 06-16-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  less than 10 seconds events cberistain 4 716 01-27-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: cberistain
  Stopped breathing for 20+ seconds multiple times. Please look at my chart? sharksito 8 1,111 07-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Respironics Dreamstation heater turns off after 6 hours kohlweiler 3 2,227 04-09-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: kohlweiler
  Hypopneas ten seconds only ??? fitmart 1 1,097 10-01-2018, 08:51 AM
  [Equipment] REMstarPlus M Series machine only turning on for about 10 seconds then shutting off BucketDip 4 1,552 07-05-2018, 06:34 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.