Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 pressure seems lower than the S8, same settings
RE: ResMed S9 pressure seems lower than the S8, same settings
(03-06-2018, 05:02 PM)bonjour Wrote: I know you said the same settings, but a difference in Flex, or a different mask can make it seem different.

If you have some poly tubing (mabe even a spare CPAP hose) you can make a simple manometer,  Fill the tube with water (not full) then attach it to your tubing (I'm thinking tape) Form a U shape so you can measure 20 cm.  turn your machine on and measure.   You are only dealing with 20 cm of water pressure max.

Fred
Boy you guys are quick.  Very clever.  Thanks!
(03-06-2018, 05:10 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Carlitos, the S9 is a very good machine, and has pretty much everything the S10 (Airsense 10) offers. It will work with the free [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] software so you can analyze your results, just be sure to lock your SD card before inserting into a computer SD card reader because the S9 does not like system files.  As Bonjour said, your machine has exhale pressure relief (EPR) which can let you have up to 3-cm pressure relief during exhale.  This is a lot like a bilevel machine.  If you can let us know which model (CPAP, Escape, Elite or Autoset) you have, and especially if you can post data, we can help a lot more.
Thank you Sleeprider.  I've never used any software.  I will definitely try Sleepyhead.  The old machine is an S8 Elite.  The newish one is an S9 AutoSet.  I'll start collecting data.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your computer is using Windows 7 or newer, you may wish to install this system modification program to disable the accidental writing of system files to the SD card.
Prevent SysVol Info Write

There is a "Down-n-dirty" pressure check method.
  1. Fill a container with water that is taller in height than your set pressure.  
  2. Place the mask end of your CPAP hose to the bottom of the container.  
  3. Under "Setup" select Mask Fit.  
  4. SLOWLY start withdrawing the hose from the container.  When you start to see bubbles, mark the hose at the top of the water.  
  5. Turn off the CPAP.  
  6. Measure the hose from the mark to the hose end.  The length should match the pressure value.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi carlitos,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with the newer machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,573 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 329 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 363 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 363 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.