Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 serial number for 905 Firmware
ResMed S9 serial number for 905 Firmware
I was supposed to get my ResMed S9 two weeks ago. I had requested a unit with the 905 software. The DME had been told by her supplier that it was 905, but while we were setting it up we found that it was a 904 version. The ResMed Rep said that he would get a unit with 905 on it for me.

The Toronto Rep sent an e-mail to ResMed California to find out what serial number run had the 905 version. ResMed California didn't know, so they forward the request to Sydney Australia. We are still waiting for this information.

Can those of you with 905 software supply your serial number, or at least part of it so that I can give this information to my DME to speed up this 905 identification problem.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 serial number for 905 Firmware
The first one that I had had a number like 2312101728x (x being the final digit) the second 231210690xx (xx being the final 2 digits) both had the 905
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OldTeddyBear for this information. I will pass it on to my DME, and hopefully it will allow the ResMed rep to figure out which box in their warehouse has a 905 version in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone know the differences between the 905 and 904 Software?

It turns out I got a new S9 but with the older 904 Software.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know for sure. My DME was told by her ResMed Rep that there were significant changes between 903 and 904, but wasn't too sure about the magnitude of the change between 904 and 905. He then quickly added that he didn't think that it was too significant. After he said that, he said that he was going to request some sort of release notes that would describe the nature of the changes. If I ever get an answer, I will share it here. I should know something by the end of the week, I hope.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2012, 09:29 AM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: I don't know for sure. My DME was told by her ResMed Rep that there were significant changes between 903 and 904, but wasn't too sure about the magnitude of the change between 904 and 905. He then quickly added that he didn't think that it was too significant. After he said that, he said that he was going to request some sort of release notes that would describe the nature of the changes. If I ever get an answer, I will share it here. I should know something by the end of the week, I hope.

I just called Resmed Technical Support in California and they tell me the Software 904 is the latest that they are presently shipping.

So not sure what the 905 is all about. He also said the software could be upgraded in the field and the S9 does not have to go back to the Factory for any upgrades. I did not ask him about details on how to do that.

Anyway, I thought I would let you know what I heard today.

Let me know if you hear anything different from your DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2012, 12:15 PM)Tom Wrote: I just called Resmed Technical Support in California and they tell me the Software 904 is the latest that they are presently shipping.

So not sure what the 905 is all about. He also said the software could be upgraded in the field and the S9 does not have to go back to the Factory for any upgrades. I did not ask him about details on how to do that.

Those folks are simply not in the loop. When I was acquiring a new machine in early March, I called to get the latest on firmware, and was told that 903 was the latest. Two days later, I got 904. Several weeks earlier several members on this forum had posted they already had 904, and one had 905. To say ResMed technical people stay on top of things would be a vast mistake. They seem to stay about two updates behind as to what they believe to be the latest, so 906 might be floating around somewhere. ResMed does, however, make really good machines. And I was told they could NOT make a field upgrade the firmware. Amazing.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2012, 05:29 PM)JumpStart Wrote: ResMed does, however, make really good machines.
Yes agree but they're bad people to do business with
They,re the school yard bully HammerHammerHammer

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-30-2012, 09:29 AM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: I don't know for sure. My DME was told by her ResMed Rep that there were significant changes between 903 and 904, but wasn't too sure about the magnitude of the change between 904 and 905. He then quickly added that he didn't think that it was too significant. After he said that, he said that he was going to request some sort of release notes that would describe the nature of the changes. If I ever get an answer, I will share it here. I should know something by the end of the week, I hope.

I got my S9-VPAP-auto on 1/22/2012, my FW version is 903. I found out that version 905 was released on 1/10/2012 (12 days before I got my VPAP machine). They said the versions have minor differences.
Does anyone has a list of ResMed S9 bug fixes and features for version 904 and 905?
I am thinking about to go the the insurance company to request to get my machine to the latest version if the features and bug fixes are important.
Post Reply Post Reply
And while we're at it, I'd like to do an upgrade to my Ford Flex GPS firmware and data.... it keeps sending me on wild goose chases. For instance, we came out of the parking lot at our hotel in Rochester to go to the restaurant next door. The GPS told us to make a right hand turn, go 200 miles, and make a legal U turn, then go 201 miles to our destination. The reason I bring this up is that (a) Ford never acknowledged any major bug fixes and wanted big bux to update, and (b) our well-being did not depend on any such bug fixes as the S9 firmware may prove to do.

A 'defining response' from ResMed is probably well overdue.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 430 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 326 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 REF Number The Mask Bandit 2 190 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] New to APAP. High number of "Clear Airway events". Not sure what to do. lujojo 17 1,107 01-30-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: lujojo
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 316 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 558 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.