Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 serial number for 905 Firmware
RE: ResMed S9 serial number for 905 Firmware
Hey guys I have a firmware o '602' whole string is SW474-0602

Does anybody know how to upgrade the firmware ????

I'm not afraid and quite capable of properly disassembling the device taking pictures of all PCB's (the Printed Circuit Boards that everything is soldered too) with Rev's

Also I have a professional JTAG scanner so I can suck out the EEPROM and RAM from the device running (which is a loaner) and then compare it to the brandnew device

It may take upto seven more weeks before I get the loaner/rental traded for the 'new' machine and will be very keen about the firmware before I take possession

Is there a magic card that updates the firmware ?????

Is Utility I can use to put an upload image on the ResMed SD card ????

I'm having ALLOT of trouble with this machine with AHI from 9.XX to 66.X and it seems to have almost beta firmware - can anybody offer device ??????

Thanks, Adam

(04-30-2012, 07:12 AM)EyesWideOpen Wrote: I was supposed to get my ResMed S9 two weeks ago. I had requested a unit with the 905 software. The DME had been told by her supplier that it was 905, but while we were setting it up we found that it was a 904 version. The ResMed Rep said that he would get a unit with 905 on it for me.

The Toronto Rep sent an e-mail to ResMed California to find out what serial number run had the 905 version. ResMed California didn't know, so they forward the request to Sydney Australia. We are still waiting for this information.

Can those of you with 905 software supply your serial number, or at least part of it so that I can give this information to my DME to speed up this 905 identification problem.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lovingvirle,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
my machine has 907
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 08:57 PM)lovingvirle Wrote: Hey guys I have a firmware o '602' whole string is SW474-0602

Does anybody know how to upgrade the firmware ????

Hi lovingvirle, welcome to the forum!

In general, think the newer versions of firmware support newer, cheaper and possibly better (or worse) components on the PCB board, and newer versions of firmware would not necessarily support older boards.

So a newer firmware version may destroy the machine. (Only ResMed would know.)

You can call ResMed Customer Support, give them the model number (REF#) and serial number from the back of the blower unit (not humidifier) and ask if the firmware on the machine you are using can be upgraded to a newer version. My guess would be no, not unless a bug which affects treatment had been found in version 602 and a version 603 (or six zero whatever) is available which will work on that old machine.

In any case, ResMed does not do business with individual patients, only with Durable Medical Equipment (DME) providers, so all returns to ResMed for service (even if there is no charge) would need to be sent in by a DME. (Any DME can send a machine in; it does not need to be the DME who originally sold the product to the original end user.)

I suggest you ask ResMed what is the latest firmware version (907?) for the new machine you will be receiving, so you will know what to insist on getting in the new machine.

(But, in reality, I think it unlikely that treatment effectiveness is different between newer versus older versions of firmware for the same model machine. The treatment algorithms have not changed in years.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
hay all,

I just got my warranty replacement for my ResMed S9 Elite and thought I would add that they are up to 1201 for the firmware now. SX474-1201 is the full version.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update, darkcat

Post Reply Post Reply
Got a brand new (zero hours) ResMed S9 Adapt ASV last week; it was made in AU thus year. SW version is SX474-1300.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2014, 09:51 PM)MarkHyman Wrote: Got a brand new (zero hours) ResMed S9 Adapt ASV last week; it was made in AU thus year. SW version is SX474-1300.
welcome to the forum, Mark
is the machine an upgrade or your 1st machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mark,
WELCOME! to the forum!
Best of luck to you with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My firmware version on my S9 Elite is SX474-0907, is there a newer version that I can update somehow?
Sorry for the noob question.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 510 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 365 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 REF Number The Mask Bandit 2 229 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] New to APAP. High number of "Clear Airway events". Not sure what to do. lujojo 17 1,176 01-30-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: lujojo
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,222 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 360 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 627 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.