Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 serial number for 905 Firmware
RE: ResMed S9 serial number for 905 Firmware
Hello to all from wet and cold Melbourne Australia.

Have been lurking on this board since I found it two weeks ago and have been impressed enough to join.
Have recently bought an S9 AutoSet and H5i to replace a "Steam train sounding" Sullival Elite that died after 16 years of nightly use.
We bought a 2nd identical unit to replace my Wife's S8 Lightweight.

On our Autoset Serial No. 22131241*** the "Ref" is 36305
The setup menu shows "SW SX474-0907".
Have no idea what the "Bid" and "Hid" numbers refer to!

I have also noticed that when I uploaded our SDcards to ResScan for the first time, I got a full 9 days of graph data!

Great forum, thanks to Sleepyhead for the ResScan link.
Peter
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2013, 10:10 PM)TMPFO Wrote: Great forum, thanks to Sleepyhead for the ResScan link.
Peter

Tried everything I could think of to edit my post but could not find a way.
Thanks go to Healthcare Worker - not Sleepyhead
Peter
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2013, 10:10 PM)TMPFO Wrote: Have no idea what the "Bid" and "Hid" numbers refer to!
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms

Service - Displays the device run hours, software version and other component versions.
Run hours - Displays the total number of hours the device has been used including warm-up and cool-down times for the humidifier. It is not affected by the period selected. This is the only data item that is not reset when data is erased.

SW - Displays the current software version.
BID - Displays the boot loader ID.
VID - Displays the variant ID.
RID - Displays the regional variant ID.
HID - Displays the humidifier software ID.

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2013, 11:08 PM)zonk Wrote: Run hours - Displays the total number of hours the device has been used including warm-up and cool-down times for the humidifier.

Interesting... I can't imagine why they would include the humidifier warm up in the flow generator's run time. I personally use the warm up feature every night, which takes a good amount of time (10-20 minutes I'm estimating). That means I'm adding significant run time hours to my machine even while it's not running. Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi TMPFO,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2013, 11:08 PM)zonk Wrote:
(08-22-2013, 10:10 PM)TMPFO Wrote: Have no idea what the "Bid" and "Hid" numbers refer to!

Welcome

Thanks zonk for the link. Fantastic resource!!
Peter
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,
I have an S9 Autoset with 907. Is this the latest? If it is not, how do you get the software upgraded?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mfranzel,
I think that is the most up-to-date firmware for the S9AutoSet.
I know when I purchased my most recent machine, I asked for the most up-to-date firmware, 907 is what I wound up with.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to have an ancient S9 Autoset.
My serial number starts with 2210
Software version is SX474-0602
Under service all I see is software version and BACK and HOME
How would I find total hours on the machine?
I can view 1 day, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year, but not since new or life of machine, or even 2 years.

Service - Displays the device run hours, software version and other component versions.
Run hours - Displays the total number of hours the device has been used including warm-up and cool-down times for the humidifier. It is not affected by the period selected. This is the only data item that is not reset when data is erased.

SW - Displays the current software version.
BID - Displays the boot loader ID.
VID - Displays the variant ID.
RID - Displays the regional variant ID.
HID - Displays the humidifier software ID.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2013, 01:37 PM)bwexler Wrote: I seem to have an ancient S9 Autoset.
My serial number starts with 2210
Software version is SX474-0602

Hi bwexler,

Don't be concerned that your machine is running an older version of software. It is not the treatment algorithms which are being updated.

I think the treatment algorithms on medical equipment are approved as being safe and effective by government agencies, and are not changed and resubmitted for reapproval by governmental agencies (a costly process, no doubt) except perhaps when a new model (with a new feature) is released.

When the S9 AutoSet model was released it was advertised that the AutoSet algorithm had been "enhanced" and now includes central apnea detection and other refinements.

I am pretty sure the new AutoSet treatment algorithms have remained unchanged since the S9 AutoSet was introduced around 2010.

The updates in the software are primarily to allow it to work with evolving hardware. In other words, the hardware may change from time to time to accommodate changes in the components used, as older components may no longer be available or newer components may be available which are better or cheaper. The software version needs to be matched to the hardware, so newer software might not work at all on older hardware.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Number of Central Apneas HungryPanda 5 453 02-13-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Number of Events? Heaviside 8 333 02-12-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 REF Number The Mask Bandit 2 200 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] New to APAP. High number of "Clear Airway events". Not sure what to do. lujojo 17 1,133 01-30-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: lujojo
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,124 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 323 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.