Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine
RE: ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine
January 15th. Large clusters of events. RERA, Hypopnea. OE. CA. Seems to happen regardless of pressure.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine
January 16th. OE and Hypopnea through the roof. Not sure of the leak issue. More snoring than usual.

Post Reply Post Reply
January 18th. Numbers better but still lots of Hypopnea and RERA events..

Post Reply Post Reply
January 19th. Took the mask off after 1H:35M, I could not resolve leaking around my nose and I gave up at 1:50am... then woke up wide awake at 5:10am. Ugh.

January 20th. Overall AHI number is down despite 23 RERA events and 30 Hypopnea events! A new record.  Huh

I'm stumped.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a reason not to try EPR on 3?
Can you raise you minimum pressure to 10 and raise the max to at least 16?
Sorry if this has been covered already, but that's what I'd suggest.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2020, 01:46 AM)sleepyp Wrote: Is there a reason not to try EPR on 3?
Can you raise you minimum pressure to 10 and raise the max to at least 16?
Sorry if this has been covered already, but that's what I'd suggest.

The worry earlier was that with EPR of 3, CAs would be frequent.  But at 2, they are negligible, so I agree that it would be good to try 3 to see if that makes a dent in the hypopneas and flow limitations.

On the general principle of one change at a time, it might be worth doing only that for a couple of nights before also raising the minimum pressure, but I defer to the experts on that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 11:44 PM)SleeplessInPHX Wrote: January 15th. Large clusters of events. RERA, Hypopnea. OE. CA. Seems to happen regardless of pressure.

"Large clusters" of obstructive events.  Do you know where this is taking us?  Read the link on the soft cervical collar in my signature and follow the links to flow limitation.  I think this pretty much covers it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2020, 09:35 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(01-20-2020, 11:44 PM)SleeplessInPHX Wrote: January 15th. Large clusters of events. RERA, Hypopnea. OE. CA. Seems to happen regardless of pressure.

"Large clusters" of obstructive events.  Do you know where this is taking us?  Read the link on the soft cervical collar in my signature and follow the links to flow limitation.  I think this pretty much covers it.

@Sleeprider, I'm not sure I'm tracking you... I'm not seeing anything on flow limitation in your links and on the soft cervical collar wiki page, but I think you're talking about reading up on and understanding the concept (of flow limitation) in relation to the cervical collar, yes?

I've been using a cervical collar (Dr. Dakota Eliminator cushion) for eight nights now. I'm not convinced it's had any positive impact.
Post Reply Post Reply
The soft cervical collar wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Positional Apnea wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

The patterns in your recent chart are pretty classic for what we see with chin tucking, so somehow you are finding your way under or around the Eliminator. The effectiveness and comfort of any given collar varies from person to person, and wedges have been less effective for some, depending on favored sleep position, especially side sleepers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
the 20th looks pretty good cluster wise
the 19th is bad, that is what we are trying to avoid with the collar.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,320 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,369 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 174 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 193 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 214 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,762 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 112 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.