Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine
RE: ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine
I think the idea was that you would also raise the maximum IPAP. Last night the pressure line was plastered to the ceiling, apparently by snores and flow limitations. I would defer to the experts, but you might want to try opening up the max IPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: ResMed S9 to A10 "upgrade" - Huge jump in AHI, CA, H, OA events - battling machine
Well it seems that raising the maximum just means that the machine is going to blast to that number. Set at 18 we see the same thing: the machine just hits the ceiling and stays there.

I can't do 18. That's an impossible pressure. My chest feels like a balloon and I got under two hours "sleep" in before I just shut it down and gave up. 

Post Reply Post Reply
What if you keep EPAP fixed around 8 or 9, where it was at first and was more comfortable, and raise Pressure Support to increase IPAP instead? Remember, on a VAuto, the difference between EPAP and IPAP is fixed and not independent. If it detects flow limit/snore/OA events, it's going to raise your EPAP, and your IPAP will be a fixed number above that. That number is your Pressure Support value. It's the increased EPAP that I find uncomfortable, and the VAuto's strength is its ability to get the difference between EPAP and IPAP more than 3cm apart.

It also looks to me like that cluster of events at the beginning of the night happened at sleep transition, thus setting your pressure higher than it should have been to start the night
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 143 137,570 33 minutes ago
Last Post: Laurent1265
  New mask, abnormal events??? wesozzzz 4 119 02-13-2020, 05:12 PM
Last Post: wesozzzz
  CA events and overall thoughts on improvements clroach 4 137 02-13-2020, 12:41 PM
Last Post: clroach
  First 3 nights with APAP thoughts on CA events? clroach 6 210 02-11-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: clroach
  Resmed AirSense 10 auto, did I get a used machine? plpauly 21 622 01-31-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: lacro
  ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan? dreamstream 12 739 01-29-2020, 10:24 AM
Last Post: SpaceGuy85
  [Diagnosis] Questioning CPAP when experiencing proportion CA events Aussie Lee 53 1,297 01-11-2020, 01:59 AM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.