Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 whistle problem - Solutions?
RE: ResMed S9 whistle problem - Solutions?
For what it's worth, my S9 has had that slight whistle since day one (over 2 years). It does it on exhale. I think all S9's do this. I was on a Respronics BIPAP before that and it was loud! I use regular tubing and a Quattro and I think the entire system is exceptionally quiet. My wife is very sensitive about having quiet so she can go to sleep and found the whistle tolerable. My alarm clock ticking on the nightstand is actually louder than the S9. /Jeff/

To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula
My machine serial number start with 2210

22= country of manufacture: Australia (23 Singapore)
= year of manufacture: 2010
Post Reply Post Reply
Good. I'll look at mine tomorrow (well, today). It would be interesting to see if the whistling ones were made in the same year or were scattered about. Same year would mean bad batch of parts. Scattered about would mean just random wonkiness.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can put me down as a 2210 as well. I just checked. /Jeff/
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a 2212
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is 2209 (Manufactured 2009 in Australia).

It's a early model, but I'm still glad it's an Aussie machine and not made by Singaporians. Cool

Oh, and no whistle as far as I can tell, but both mine and my wife's hearing is not top-notch, so who knows...

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Both my Escape and Autoset say 2210.

The Escape had the whistle, the Autoset does not.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
2312 and this Autoset also has the whistling disease.
Just mildly annoying.
Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is also a 2312 and only makes the noise under the conditions I described before.
Post Reply Post Reply
After reading this thread the other day I payed attention .. Seems My res med s makes WAY more whistle when the water chamber is FULL , not much at all when almost empty and only on Exhale. Go figgure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 673 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,552 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,937 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,505 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,851 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 377 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 590 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.