Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed SD Card SleepyHead Questions
RE: ResMed SD Card SleepyHead Questions
(11-15-2012, 03:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I believe they all use 10 seconds as that is the standard.

The Help Browser is not the best part of SleepyHead. It's why I copy/paste the links into Firefox. Sourceforge is also a very big and busy website.

Okay, Thank you. My "Daily" is saying I had 19 Obstructive Apnea's last night, I was curious about the time frame that was used. I am still getting a continued page reload on this forum and now also with the link I copied and pasted for the Sleepyhead help??? Not sure whats going on so I have to close the tabs as I am only allowed so much data per month. When my e-mail shows a reply I open apneaboard again. Appreciate the info! I am using Firefox also.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2012, 03:02 PM)2Tim215 Wrote: When SleepyHead records an event, what is the time frame to consider an event has happened? Is 10 seconds or more?
I don,t use SH ... ResScan shows type of apnea and duration of each event in seconds

apnea is scored when there is reduction in breathing by 75% of the baseline breathing for at least 10 seconds

ResScan shows three types of apnea
• Central Apnea: an apnea during which the upper airway remains open.
• Obstructive Apnea: an apnea during which there is a physical closing of the upper airway.
• Unknown Apnea: an apnea during which a leak higher than 30 L/min occurs, precluding accurate determination of whether the apnea is obstructive or central
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Tim--Your first night numbers look pretty good to me! That AHI is nice and low (remember below 5 is the goal), and your 95% leaks at 13L is below the 24L upper limit which ResMed says is the top leak rate for which the machine can compensate. Zonk can explain it, but I believe SleepyHead records total leaks, whereas ResScan (ResMed's software) does the math and subtracts the intentional leaks from the total, displaying the unintentional leaks. I recall that my 95% leak numbers almost always look higher with SleepyHead than they do with ResScan, I believe the above info is why.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, Thank you for replies! Sounds like I'm off to a good start. This is the first time in 22 months I'm able to monitor my therapy and that in itself is a great relief! During the night do most of you turn off the machine for bathroom or water trips or just remove the mask? I just slide off the mask as I have the Swift FX Nasal Pillows and its pretty easy.
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn it off and take off the mask.

It will be interesting to see this in the data. I am assuming it will count it as the same night, I'm not sure.

I just got an Autoset, too. Looking at the data is cool and very time consuming! I was late with my breakfast this morning and had a blood sugar crash! Too-funnyRolleyes
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2012, 09:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I turn it off and take off the mask.

It will be interesting to see this in the data. I am assuming it will count it as the same night, I'm not sure.

I just got an Autoset, too. Looking at the data is cool and very time consuming! I was late with my breakfast this morning and had a blood sugar crash! Too-funnyRolleyes

Sorry to hear about your crash! It does feel good though moving ahead with our therapy! I'll be studying SleepyHead as much as I can so I understand it better. Glad to see you also have your new machine also!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 77 2 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 2,967 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 181 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 400 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 250 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 372 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.