2Tim215 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 ResMed AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX Nasal Pillow - Medium
Humidifier: ResMed H5i w/Climate Hose
CPAP Pressure: 6cm-12cm
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: OSA, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Gout, PTSD, & Meralgia paresthetica.

Sex: Male

RE: ResMed SD Card SleepyHead Questions
(11-15-2012 03:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I believe they all use 10 seconds as that is the standard.

The Help Browser is not the best part of SleepyHead. It's why I copy/paste the links into Firefox. Sourceforge is also a very big and busy website.

Okay, Thank you. My "Daily" is saying I had 19 Obstructive Apnea's last night, I was curious about the time frame that was used. I am still getting a continued page reload on this forum and now also with the link I copied and pasted for the Sleepyhead help??? Not sure whats going on so I have to close the tabs as I am only allowed so much data per month. When my e-mail shows a reply I open apneaboard again. Appreciate the info! I am using Firefox also.

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
11-15-2012 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(11-15-2012 03:02 PM)2Tim215 Wrote:  When SleepyHead records an event, what is the time frame to consider an event has happened? Is 10 seconds or more?
I don,t use SH ... ResScan shows type of apnea and duration of each event in seconds

apnea is scored when there is reduction in breathing by 75% of the baseline breathing for at least 10 seconds

ResScan shows three types of apnea
• Central Apnea: an apnea during which the upper airway remains open.
• Obstructive Apnea: an apnea during which there is a physical closing of the upper airway.
• Unknown Apnea: an apnea during which a leak higher than 30 L/min occurs, precluding accurate determination of whether the apnea is obstructive or central
http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf
11-15-2012 04:13 PM
Dawei Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Other
Mask Make & Model: Respironics "FitLife"
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 10-20

Other Comments: Began CPAP in 2006; spent the first 6 years with a "brick"

Tim--Your first night numbers look pretty good to me! That AHI is nice and low (remember below 5 is the goal), and your 95% leaks at 13L is below the 24L upper limit which ResMed says is the top leak rate for which the machine can compensate. Zonk can explain it, but I believe SleepyHead records total leaks, whereas ResScan (ResMed's software) does the math and subtracts the intentional leaks from the total, displaying the unintentional leaks. I recall that my 95% leak numbers almost always look higher with SleepyHead than they do with ResScan, I believe the above info is why.
11-15-2012 04:35 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
2Tim215 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Other Comments: OSA, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Gout, PTSD, & Meralgia paresthetica.

Okay, Thank you for replies! Sounds like I'm off to a good start. This is the first time in 22 months I'm able to monitor my therapy and that in itself is a great relief! During the night do most of you turn off the machine for bathroom or water trips or just remove the mask? I just slide off the mask as I have the Swift FX Nasal Pillows and its pretty easy.

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
11-15-2012 09:34 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

I turn it off and take off the mask.

It will be interesting to see this in the data. I am assuming it will count it as the same night, I'm not sure.

I just got an Autoset, too. Looking at the data is cool and very time consuming! I was late with my breakfast this morning and had a blood sugar crash! Too-funnyRolleyes

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-15-2012 09:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
2Tim215 Offline

Preferred Members-2

(11-15-2012 09:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  I turn it off and take off the mask.

It will be interesting to see this in the data. I am assuming it will count it as the same night, I'm not sure.

I just got an Autoset, too. Looking at the data is cool and very time consuming! I was late with my breakfast this morning and had a blood sugar crash! Too-funnyRolleyes

Sorry to hear about your crash! It does feel good though moving ahead with our therapy! I'll be studying SleepyHead as much as I can so I understand it better. Glad to see you also have your new machine also!

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
11-15-2012 09:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense - Is there data storage on the SD card AND in the unit itself? FormerFed 19 2,495 11-03-2016 03:17 PM
Last Post: PreciousRoy
  Changed to resmed 10 auto, several questions Shockwave 10 651 08-31-2016 07:03 PM
Last Post: Shockwave
  General questions on SD card data KSMatthew 12 1,003 07-05-2016 01:32 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Data card to Resmed S8 Autoset Spirit II. kriper 1 447 05-23-2016 05:24 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 warranty impact of changing SD card aenpa 4 711 05-12-2016 03:14 PM
Last Post: palerider
  Resmed S9 SD card setup davek 9 1,198 04-27-2016 04:19 PM
Last Post: Dawei
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 28 27,497 03-18-2016 07:32 PM
Last Post: palerider