Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed SD Card SleepyHead Questions
ResMed SD Card SleepyHead Questions
Last night was my first night on the S9 AutoSet. I have a few questions.
1. If I remove the SD Card to read it with SleepyHead does it remove any of the information or will it still be on the card when I re-insert it?

2. The RT/Clinician set the Temp for 72, do I have to push the "Turn Knob" down for 3 seconds like on the Escape to start the Temp? If I don't want the Temp, by not pushing it will it bypass the "heated" humidifier?

3. I would like to post my graphs for my first night and see what others think of how the first night went. And if someone can post the best link to understand and read SleepyHead I would appreciate it. I believe I have the latest version.

Appreciate all replies and help!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed SD Card SleepyHead Questions
Tim,
I am also new, just had my second night with my S9, so I don't have the answer to your temp question BUT regarding the SD card: slide the lock tab to the locked position if you are concerned about any potential data loss, and slide it back to 'unlock' before you put it back in the machine. This will ensure you can't alter your data in any way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2012, 01:23 PM)Fest911 Wrote: Tim,
I am also new, just had my second night with my S9, so I don't have the answer to your temp question BUT regarding the SD card: slide the lock tab to the locked position if you are concerned about any potential data loss, and slide it back to 'unlock' before you put it back in the machine. This will ensure you can't alter your data in any way.

Okay, Thanks, sounds like the way to go!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, here are a few photos. I know it takes more than a day to get an average or reliable data but curious how the first night looks on AutoPap with new pressures.
[Image: 2012-11-15_1403_Auto1-a.png]
[Image: 2012-11-15_1401_Auto1.png]
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
To answer your question #1.
Taking out the SD card; putting it in your computer to load to SleepHead; and then returning it to your CPAP does not remove any 'already' copied info to the card. As Fest911 suggests, use the safefy lock if there is any possibility that you might override some info, altho I don;t see how that could happen if all you are going to be doing is using it in SleepHead. As soon as you upload your info from the card to SleepyHead (takes like 1-2 secs)..remove the card and put it back in the CPAP and then play with SleepyHead. Good Luck..
can't help with ?? #2
Ref: ?? #3/// best source for that is in SleepyHead itself.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
#2 - Not sure why you had to hold the knob down for 3 sec. I never had to.

With the 'Home' screen showing, turn the knob until the temp is shown. Should be the second one.
Press the knob once. The temp should be highlighted in orange.
Turn the knob to set the temp.
Press the knob again. Now it should be blue.

However, every time you turn the machine on (as in the air is blowing) the temp screen should show and it should be orange. Just turn the knob to set or leave it where it is. No need to press the knob to confirm as it confirms itself.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
#3 - In SleepyHead, click the "Help Browser" tab in the top left. There's all sorts of information there and links to the rest of the SH Wiki. You can either view it there or copy/paste the link into your usual browser.

Or just click here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...=Main_Page
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2012, 02:24 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: #3 - In SleepyHead, click the "Help Browser" tab in the top left. There's all sorts of information there and links to the rest of the SH Wiki. You can either view it there or copy/paste the link into your usual browser.

Or just click here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...=Main_Page
Thank you Paula, I found it in SleepyHead. Is anyone else here having a problem with the page constantly reloading? No matter what page I'm on my reload keeps reloading the page. I'm using Windows 7 and the green circle in this tab keeps turning. When I hit the stop X, it starts again in a few seconds? I have three other tabs open but only happening here. Did I turn something on or is a glitch?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
When SleepyHead records an event, what is the time frame to consider an event has happened? Is 10 seconds or more?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe they all use 10 seconds as that is the standard.

The Help Browser is not the best part of SleepyHead. It's why I copy/paste the links into Firefox. Sourceforge is also a very big and busy website.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 411 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.