Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Sleep Assessment app
ResMed Sleep Assessment app
[Image: clin-banner.jpg]
http://www.resmed.com/us/misc_lp/iphone_...00x524.swf

Do you have trouble sleeping? Do you snore? Do you wake up not feeling rested? Are you constantly tired throughout the day?

If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may have sleep apnea, a sleep disorder in which people stop breathing during sleep. Sleep apnea is very common — approximately 1 in 5 adults have the condition — and it can have serious effects on your health.1

Having trouble sleeping can result in more than just being drowsy during the day. Numerous studies have linked sleep apnea to many other serious health problems, including high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and obesity.2-6 Healthy sleep can be just as important as living a healthy lifestyle when you’re awake. So if you’re not getting the sleep you need, it’s important to understand what could be going on.

ResMed is here to help. With ResMed’s free Sleep Assessment app, you can find out your risk for sleep apnea, record and listen to your own sleep sounds, find your nearest sleep clinic and start taking the steps toward a healthier and happier you.

The ResMed Sleep Assessment app offers:
A clinically validated screening tool that assesses your risk for sleep apnea. After answering nine simple questions, you will be able to see your risk level.
The ability to share your results or the app with friends and family who may also benefit from learning more about the importance of healthy sleep. The app provides instant links to Facebook, Twitter and email.
A Sleep Lab Locator that finds your closest ResMed-friendly sleep clinics. ResMed wants to help connect you to local sleep professionals who will help you get the best possible treatment for any sleep disorders you might have.
A sleep recorder that uses your Apple® device’s microphone to record your sleep and hear for yourself what your sleep sounds like. Do you really snore? How loudly? Does it sound like you have sleep apnea?
Sample sleep sounds to compare with your own sound recording. Find out how your sleep sounds compare to those of confirmed sleep apnea sufferers.
Information on the treatment options available if you are diagnosed with a sleep disorder. With ResMed’s quality products, getting the treatment you need can fit easily with your lifestyle.
http://www.resmed.com/us/misc_lp/sleep-a...c=patients
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Sleep Assessment app
That app has not been updated since May 2011

Just a little out of date don't you think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Especially with the latest iOS releases.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have an iPhone, I have the iPod Touch. Same as the phone just, you know, not a phone. I have several health related apps that I use. Two for tracking my diabetes, one for medical records (but I keep forgetting to update it), and several for calorie/carb tracking.

So I downloaded the app today (got tired of watching the Broncos get creamed).

This is, in my opinion, a worthless app. All it is:

one section is a short quiz, the usual one of "do you snore". It asks for neck size before it asks for gender. You have to provide the answers or you can't advance to the next question.

The next section is a recorder. (here is where you turn on the 'sounds to sleep by' you set up elsewhere). Under that section is another where you can listen to 4 sample recordings. One is normal breathing, then moderate snore, loud snore, and loud snore with apnea. It is the weirdest sounds I have ever heard. In the absolute quiet of my office, it sounded more like snoring but in the louder living room, it was very, very weird. The recording of the night allegedly is displayed in some sort of graph. I haven't tried that part out yet.

The next section is the 'sounds to sleep by' set up. You can set the timer from 5 minutes to 4 hr 55 min. Almost all of the sounds are obnoxious and there's no way in heck I could fall asleep to those. Not white noise, but 'hot jungle day' which had high pitched birds and some sort of cricket. 'Lazy summer day' was even worse. Complete with braying donkey. 'Log cabin fire' had some sort of something in the back ground that sounded like someone snoring. It sounded more like rain in a bucket than a fire. 'Tropical waves' would have been good except they included birds and crickets again. They had 12 different ways to torture yourself while trying to go to sleep.

The fourth section is the Sleep Labs in your area. Except it didn't get them all. They didn't get the only one that is accredited which makes me wonder where they get their list.

The last section is Learn more. A decent explanation of sleep apnea. A list of Resmed products, but far from the complete list. They only list the S9 series and 3 masks: the swift, the quattro fx, and the mirage softgel. The information on all this is very, very basic. It does not discuss the different S9, only that they are the best, quietest, etc etc etc. From here you can listen to the snore samples again and access the 'tour' of the program.

In conclusion, this is an app geared for someone who is wondering if they have sleep apnea and would rather reply on an incomplete and inaccurate iPhone app than talk to their doctor. I would hope they do not go solely by what this app says.

Edit to add: yes, it has not been updated for over a year. However, it did work with my iPod's iOS, version 6.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Because I just can't stop fiddlin' with stuff, I tried the recorder last night. And, like the rest of the app, it is useless. Yes, it recorded. Yes, there's a cool graph. But there's no explanation of what the graph means and, during playback, there's no way to tell WHERE you are in the graph. You could listen to the entire recording but with no mark showing where you are, you don't know if that blip was one of the dogs or yourself snoring.

[Image: resmed-app.jpg]

And yes, I slept for 10.5 hrs last night.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 10 381 04-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 354 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 758 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 221 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 251 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 532 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 849 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.