Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Swift FX Nano
(08-08-2013, 12:42 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote:
(08-08-2013, 11:55 AM)oak Wrote: it looks like the hose may have a fast disconnect to use when getting up to go to the bathroom? is it easy to reconnect?

Very easy, you just have to pull up the mask from over the back of your head. You can easily put it back on, even in the dark.

I concur; the Swift FX headgear just slips on and off by the back strap. There's no adjustment necessary except for the initial fitting, or after you've completely disassembled it to wash the headgear. VERY easy.

Despite this it's still stable on the head and doesn't slip off or slide around while in bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2013, 11:55 AM)oak Wrote: it looks like the hose may have a fast disconnect to use when getting up to go to the bathroom? is it easy to reconnect?

Hi Oak

Yes, the Swift FX Nano, like the Sift FX, has a quick disconect feature where the swivel (9) at the end of the short tube (8), conects to the tube comming from your CPAP device. I find this option much easier to use, then removing the entire head gear assembly when half asleep.
See ResMed User Guide page iv, for image:
Swift FX Nano User Guide

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2013, 10:29 AM)Paptillian Wrote: If you're already accustomed to using the FX pillows, is there a benefit to switching to this type of mask? I'm assuming that this is for people who prefer nasal masks but can't quite tolerate pillows?

I just wanted to ask this again because I admit I don't really understand why there are two different types of nasal interfaces. I understand the pillows allow a more direct flow, but other than that why give preference to one over the other? Is it only about comfort / tolerance?

Thanks, it's something I'm not totally clear on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi Paptillian,
For me it is a comfort issue. I used to use Resmed's Swift LT for her nasal pillows, I think that's the one I used, (Ha-Ha.) Anyway, I now use a similar mask to the Nano and prefer it because it "is," more comfortable. Of course, what works for me might not work for someone else, as you have heard in these circles before.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Trish. Maybe comfort is all there is to it. I'm tempted to try one of these since I already have the Swift FX headgear (would just need the cushion). Nasal pillows work fine but I have the impression that a nasal mask would be easier to breathe through. Dont-know

Maybe I'll pick up one of these cushions if I can find a deal, whenever they come to the U.S.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2013, 12:42 PM)SilverSleeper Wrote:

Very easy, you just have to pull up the mask from over the back of your head. You can easily put it back on, even in the dark.

For me it's more difficult, I have a chinstrap to remove first.

It doesn't look to me like it has a fast disconnect. Previous answer didn't really address, but I infer you have to take the whole thing off, which kinda negates the concept.

I really like the fast disconnect on the Mirage FX nasal mask.

OMyMy
Post Reply Post Reply

I tried the Nano a couple of months ago as its been available in Canada, but wasn't happy with it. Yes it does have a quick clip release for the hose, which works quite nice. For me, I found it very difficult to adjust the straps to iliminate the leaking; I'm a side sleeper and every time I turned, the mask would deform and start leaking. Yes I could tighten the straps so tight it would stop leaking, but then my face would start hurting after awhile from the pressure. Also the weight of the hose can pull the mask down and then you get leaking up in the eyes; yes I have my hose routed over my headboard of my bed but this didn't seem to help. I also found that that the exhaust vents allowed a lot of air to exhaust that it bothered my spouse and would wake her up. I ended up reverting back to the F&P Eson which the headgear provides better mask support and it also has an air diffuser the clips over the exhaust port which softens the air flow out that my spouse doesn't feel anything.
If Resmed modified the headgear to support the mask top and bottom, instead of just reusing the Swift FX headgear; I think they would have a real winner as the whole unit is very light.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed has made a press release about this mask:

http://investor.resmed.com/phoenix.zhtml...&highlight=

It's interesting because they seem to claim that a nasal mask is superior to a pillows mask for seal.

Quote:ResMed's Swift FX Nano nasal mask has a new proprietary design that keeps the mask small and unobtrusive without the need for rigid frames or forehead support. The result is a mask that more closely resembles a nasal pillows mask but carries the superior seal and performance of a nasal mask.

Am I reading that right? Do nasal masks offer superior therapy, and if so, what need are nasal pillows designed to address (besides reduced bulk)?

I'm wondering if maybe they meant to say that nasal masks provide superior seal and performance as compared to full face masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like marketing speak to me, really. We all know the best mask is the one that works for you.

Post Reply Post Reply

(08-23-2013, 02:21 PM)gjw Wrote:

Hi Oak

Yes, the Swift FX Nano, like the Sift FX, has a quick disconect feature where the swivel (9) at the end of the short tube (8), conects to the tube comming from your CPAP device. I find this option much easier to use, then removing the entire head gear assembly when half asleep.
See ResMed User Guide page iv, for image:
Swift FX Nano User Guide

;-> gjw
So you can't disconnect at 12? You have to go to the bathroom with like an 'elephant trunk', or take the whole thing off?

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Help with optimal settings on my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO (using Swift LT Nasal Pilw) TimmyT 38 414 Yesterday, 09:14 PM
Last Post: TimmyT
Video Swift FX or Resmed AirFit P10 Judy1843 50 8,204 07-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Last Post: BadGoodDeb
  nuance to Swift FX for her setting problems akdog30 12 718 06-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jsielke
  Resmed Swift FX venting speed3914 0 171 05-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Last Post: speed3914
  swift mask 'leak' noise--but not leaking... hegel 15 1,520 12-14-2016, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone having success using Swift FX Nano? Newbee2016 2 457 12-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Problem with Resmed Swift FX mask/hose leaking Dangerous Dave 1 490 10-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew