Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Swift FX Nano
ResMed Swift FX Nano
New nasal mask from ResMed available in Australia ($275) but would be a lots cheaper when become available in US

ResMed Swift FX Nano comes in standard (meduim) or wide sizes and share the same headgear as Swift FX nasal pillows
"For Her" version too ... which has smaller cushions

[Image: 02-l.jpg] [Image: 05-l.jpg]
http://www.resmed.com/au/products/swift_...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Swift FX Nano
Nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks promising.

It would be nice if they shipped it with both sizes of standard and wide, so that if you bought it online, you wouldn't be playing a guessing game of which one you needed.

Do they ship both sizes in the package?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 09:00 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: It would be nice if they shipped it with both sizes of standard and wide, so that if you bought it online, you wouldn't be playing a guessing game of which one you needed.

Do they ship both sizes in the package?

I would hope so. I know the Wisp (similar in look to this one) comes with all three different mask sizes.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have now been using the mask for the past six weeks. At first I was not very impressed with the fit and leaks this new mask had compared with the Swift FX mask I had used for the past six months or so. After two weeks of fiddling around with the headgear & velcro strap, I replaced the standard strap with a 18mm wide elastic band used for sewing. Since then, I no longer need to over-tighten the mask, the leaks are minimal, & the AHI has come way down, even compared to the Swift FX. Really a nice and comfortable mask which goes easy with the bridge of my nose, and does not produce any pressure-points.

;-> gjw

Post Reply Post Reply
I also like the Nano, it's a lightweight and easy fitting. Better to use it with a hose lifter at the side of your bed(3/4).
The only thing I dislike is the plastic strap, it's quite thick and can be a little irritating when laying down on your side. I first put my Nano on and above that my chinstrap. I'm glad having my Nano mask!
Post Reply Post Reply
So if you already have the Swift FX you can get the Nano just by swapping the pillows out (or vice-versa)? Very cool.

If you're already accustomed to using the FX pillows, is there a benefit to switching to this type of mask? I'm assuming that this is for people who prefer nasal masks but can't quite tolerate pillows?

(08-08-2013, 07:34 AM)SilverSleeper Wrote: The only thing I dislike is the plastic strap, it's quite thick and can be a little irritating when laying down on your side.

ResMed provides cloth "soft wraps" which you can put on the headgear to cushion it. Did those come in the package?

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2013, 10:29 AM)Paptillian Wrote: So if you already have the Swift FX you can get the Nano just by swapping the pillows out (or vice-versa)? Very cool.

If you're already accustomed to using the FX pillows, is there a benefit to switching to this type of mask? I'm assuming that this is for people who prefer nasal masks but can't quite tolerate pillows?

(08-08-2013, 07:34 AM)SilverSleeper Wrote: The only thing I dislike is the plastic strap, it's quite thick and can be a little irritating when laying down on your side.

ResMed provides cloth "soft wraps" which you can put on the headgear to cushion it. Did those come in the package?

Yes, the soft wraps are included.
Post Reply Post Reply
it looks like the hose may have a fast disconnect to use when getting up to go to the bathroom? is it easy to reconnect?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2013, 11:55 AM)oak Wrote: it looks like the hose may have a fast disconnect to use when getting up to go to the bathroom? is it easy to reconnect?

Very easy, you just have to pull up the mask from over the back of your head. You can easily put it back on, even in the dark.

For me it's more difficult, I have a chinstrap to remove first.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 586 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  Swift FX EmaNTD 3 856 09-06-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: JJJ
  ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 5 912 08-14-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Mask Request: Opus 360/Swift Fx hybrid Universeonwheels 0 669 05-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
  Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX PaulaBunyan 4 975 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swift FX or N30i macheta 5 2,211 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  ResMed Swift problems Pizzafoundry 4 1,325 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.