Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Swift FX Replacement Back head strap
ResMed Swift FX Replacement Back head strap
Does anyone know where I can puchase a ResMed Swift FX Replacement Back head strap? The rest of the head gear is ok, The velcro no longer holds properly.

I would prefer not to purchase all of the head gear if I can purchase only the backstrap.

thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Swift FX Replacement Back head strap
(07-24-2013, 09:10 AM)justra1234 Wrote: Does anyone know where I can puchase a ResMed Swift FX Replacement Back head strap? The rest of the head gear is ok, The velcro no longer holds properly.

I would prefer not to purchase all of the head gear if I can purchase only the backstrap.

thanks

Try looking in our Suppliers List HERE

There should be someone, hopefully, near you.
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Sent you a PM
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think you can purchase just the backstrap alone. It's part of the entire headgear package, and usually not sold separately.

I use Supplier #1 (see Supplier List) and they offer the entire Swift FX headgear package (including the backstrap) for $31, which seems to be priced similar to other sellers. Sometimes you can get some discounted prices for stuff like this on eBay or Amazon.

What I like to do is if I need a part like this, is order other things in the same order to save on shipping (like filters, additional nasal pillows, etc.)

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried repairing it yourself? You can buy Velcro kits many places. A simple needle and thread can affix these to an existing headgear. You must be creative to become a good 100% compliance user. These companies that make our gear sometimes have little regard for improving their product or fixing a problem. They are just as happy to sell you a new unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have been disappointed that ResMed does not supply backstraps as a spare part. They are a critical component of the Fx mask.

I have bought replacement pillows and silicone straps on ebay at good prices, but the straps wear out.

I then decided to try making my own, but without velcro or sewing... The solution for me was to use 3/4 inch knitted underwear elastic with two triglide buckles - as used for webbing etc. The length of elastic and two triglides only cost about $2!

Not only that, I have discovered that making your own means they are the *right* length. The old velcro straps get a bend in the right place, and make a good template for cutting the elastic to the right length. The only downside is taking the straps off for cleaning takes 10 seconds longer...

Worked for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2014, 11:34 PM)BurrChi Wrote: I too have been disappointed that ResMed does not supply backstraps as a spare part. They are a critical component of the Fx mask.

I have bought replacement pillows and silicone straps on ebay at good prices, but the straps wear out.

I then decided to try making my own, but without velcro or sewing... The solution for me was to use 3/4 inch knitted underwear elastic with two triglide buckles - as used for webbing etc. The length of elastic and two triglides only cost about $2!

Not only that, I have discovered that making your own means they are the *right* length. The old velcro straps get a bend in the right place, and make a good template for cutting the elastic to the right length. The only downside is taking the straps off for cleaning takes 10 seconds longer...

Worked for me.

I Love the DIY tip! Thanks!
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Suggestion for washing Velcro, by hand or machine wash.

Be SURE the hook Velcro is entirely covered with a piece of plush/soft part of the Velcro - this keeps the hook part from getting clogged up with loose threads, etc.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this thread is old, but my backstrap died this morning (velcro wouldn't hold any more). Called a number of CPAP suppliers in the area and none were able to help ie: strap not available or they wouldn't sell the headgear without a prescription (which is quite annoying as I wasn't trying to get the whole mask just the headgear). Was able to overnight a new headgear from Amazon, but what to do tonight...

Act of desperation I tried to find an elastic strap with two velcro ends. No luck trying to find it locally. What I did find was Velcro One-Wrap roll (12'x3/4") which works perfectly! While it's not elastic, it's a soft strip on one side and the hook/loops on the other plus it was the right width! I found it a Joann Fabrics and HomeDepot.

I was googling trying to find a solution to my problem and found this thread. I hope this information is helpful for someone else!
Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize for not posting earlier the solution that i came up with.

I bought a roll of velcro at walmart. I cut off 2 strips of velcro (one for each side) and then attached the velcro strips by folding the strips to overlap the ends of the failed chin straps.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 9 249 04-12-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 210 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 160 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 146 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 189 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,797 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,368 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.