Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

In it for the full ride?
RE: In it for the full ride?
Put it this way, I already have diabetes. The leading cause of death is cardio vascular. The leading cause of death with those with sleep apnea is heart failure in sleep. Why do I want to increase my chances of early death?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're only using it for compliance, then you're using it for the wrong reason.

If I wake up an hour or so before my normal wake-up time, then I usually take it off. But if i wake up in the middle of the night, I always put it back on when I go back to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2015, 03:54 PM)2PAPs Wrote: Put it this way, I already have diabetes. The leading cause of death is cardio vascular. The leading cause of death with those with sleep apnea is heart failure in sleep. Why do I want to increase my chances of early death?

Seems like badly chopped logic to me.

What do you think the leading cause of death for untreated sleep apnea is?

I have diabetes too, and take insulin every day. Doesn't stop me from using my machine whenever I sleep. Apnea is very stressful and if you are building up to a heart attack it might very well precipitate it early. CPAP therapy is known to reduce blood pressure and strengthen the heart. Mine has gone down 20 points since I started on CPAP.

Everybody dies of something sometime. If you have two chronic diseases the smart thing seems to me to be getting them both treated properly.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
All night, usually 7+ hours. I sleep so much better with my machine that maintaining it and putting on and wearing the mask all night is easily worthwhile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto here. I may not like doing the therapy, but I hate being miserable the next day when I can't get it done.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,601 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 700 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 746 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.