Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed TEMPERATURE ENABLE
ResMed TEMPERATURE ENABLE
Temperature Enable
I noted on the Machine Settings section of SleepyHead there is a "Temp. Enable -2".  Do not use a heated tubing and the Humidity Level is set at -3.
Anyone know where this is adjusted or what it is?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed TEMPERATURE ENABLE
Thinking-about Above TEMPERATURE ENABLE is TEMPERATURE 27C (being 80.6F).  Must be machine temp sensor somewhere in the system as room temp is nowhere near that.  But the 2 seems to indicate a variability setting.

Dumb question or no one knows?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not a dumb question.

I’m not a ResMed user, but will take a stab at answering.

Just from browsing the Clinicians Manual, page 10...I assume this is referring to the temperature of the hose, and how the machine maintains the set tube temperature.

Tube Temperature
If the air in the mask feels too warm or too cold, the patient can adjust the temperature to find what is most comfortable or turn it off completely. The Tube Temperature can be set to anywhere between 60–86°F (16–30°C).
The temperature sensor located at the mask end of the ClimateLineAir heated air tubing enables the system to automatically control the temperature of the air delivered to the patient. This ensures the temperature of the air delivered to the patient does not fall below the set minimum temperature, therefore maximizing breathing comfort for the patient.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To change this go to the clinical settings and under comfort. The one is the temperature of the hose abt the other no. 1 to 4 is the amount of moisture.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2017, 10:46 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Tube Temperature
If the air in the mask feels too warm or too cold, the patient can adjust the temperature to find what is most comfortable or turn it off completely. The Tube Temperature can be set to anywhere between 60–86°F (16–30°C).
The temperature sensor located at the mask end of the ClimateLineAir heated air tubing enables the system to automatically control the temperature of the air delivered to the patient. This ensures the temperature of the air delivered to the patient does not fall below the set minimum temperature, therefore maximizing breathing comfort for the patient.

Thanks for the response but I believe it indicates the sensor is in the ClimateLineAir heated hose -this is using a slim-line unheated hose; no sensor.
Maybe when the heated hose is plugged in it automatically enables internal software/ meaning the settings shown are moot (not actually actuated)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2017, 10:50 AM)Gary1of2 Wrote: To change this go to the clinical settings  and under comfort. The one is the temperature of the hose abt the other no. 1 to 4 is the amount  of moisture.

Just checked my AirCurve 10 Vauto and as far as I can determine it shows only humidity (water tub adjustment) 1-8.  It is set at 3 and is accessible through the clinical or patient accessed adjustments.  I have no heated hose.  Maybe additional adjustments only appear when the heated hose is attached?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2017, 12:14 PM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 10:46 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Tube Temperature

Thanks for the response but I believe it indicates the sensor is in the ClimateLineAir heated hose -this is using a slim-line unheated hose; no sensor.
Maybe when the heated hose is plugged in it automatically enables internal software/ meaning the settings shown are moot (not actually actuated)?

Right, all heated hoses have a sensor where it connects to the mask. I didn’t know what type of hose you were using, so the setting probably doesn’t apply.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2017, 12:20 PM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 10:50 AM)Gary1of2 Wrote: To change this go to the clinical settings  and under comfort. The one is the temperature of the hose abt the other no. 1 to 4 is the amount  of moisture.

Just checked my AirCurve 10 Vauto and as far as I can determine it shows only humidity (water tub adjustment) 1-8.  It is set at 3 and is accessible through the clinical or patient accessed adjustments.  I have no heated hose.  Maybe additional adjustments only appear when the heated hose is attached?
Thanks

That is correct. It is the temperature of the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 794 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 579 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  AirSense11 temperature regulation Lostsleep 25 7,871 10-23-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: M Friedman
  Forgot to slide the write-enable tab on the SD card AGAIN! cathyf 2 617 07-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: greatunclebill
  Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature JerryK 30 6,092 11-12-2021, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Chriheat
  [Equipment] Resmed Climateline Temperature Auto GrandpaSteve 2 756 10-08-2021, 10:33 AM
Last Post: GrandpaSteve
  Tube Temperature SwirlySauce 7 1,370 05-25-2021, 09:26 AM
Last Post: biorn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.