Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed VPAP Adapt is a great machine!
ResMed VPAP Adapt is a great machine!
There have been numerous threads providing fantastic results with the ResMed VPAP Adapt. However, I was so pleased about last night's results that I felt compelled to share them: AHI: 0
Yes, that's right, no events. I did not think that was possible, but it actually happened.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed VPAP Adapt is a great machine!
Hi terp1984,
It's good to hear that you are having such GREAT results with your new machine.
let's hope you can keep the "0" AHI going, CONGRATULATIONS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm envious - I have yet to see a zero AHI, but I've had nights with no apneas and just a few hypopneas.

I agree - the S9 VPAP Adapt is a fantastic machine. I had the equivalent Philips Respironics on trial before I got the S9 and the difference between the two is amazing. The S9 doesn't have as many adjustments as the Philips, but it is far more comfortable to use. It's like the machine is working with me, while with the Philips it was always like the machine was trying to force me to work at its pace. My indices are all much lower with the S9 and I generally wake up feeling refreshed, which never happened before.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DeepBreathing, After my situation piled up and my treatment went into gunnysack mode completely I learned a new word algorithm.

I spent three years having the algorithm gathered by my Phillips Respironics during the first three minutes of sleep force fed to me all night long. I still do not know much but I know that explains why the feeling of the machine making me following it instead of it following me was so terribly real.

I also learned the backup was prescribed to be off. I did not know that my observation about being able to hold my breath and zero response from the machine had something to do with that. My diagnosis was complex sleep apnea with 15% obstructive the rest central.
I am a not very technical person. I am looking at getting the same machine you have.
Post Reply Post Reply
Goodonya, I hope you get a good result with the Resmed. One thing I have learned in the few months I've been doing this is that our responses are very personal - what gives fantastic results for one person will be totally useless for another. However it seems like we had similar responses to the Philips, so hopefully we will have the same response to the Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
hello DeepBreathing, It is a choice of one or the other as near as I can tell so I better make Resmed work.. smiles.. The suppliers ads are a little odd. I see there is an S9 Adapt that has a backup rate.

Does your machine have that? Is it useful? I will start another thread on that question. My old machine would just stop pumping air if I stopped breathing. This was a scary experience for me to wake up and be all in mask and nothing happening and then I would breathe.

I kind of had the idea that stopping breathing was kind of a fatal eventuality but maybe I don't know all I know. I wonder how many people they find dead with their mask on and machine turned on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2014, 08:45 AM)terp1984 Wrote: There have been numerous threads providing fantastic results with the ResMed VPAP Adapt. However, I was so pleased about last night's results that I felt compelled to share them: AHI: 0
Yes, that's right, no events. I did not think that was possible, but it actually happened.

I have the VPAP Adapt too and I love it... I have many AHI's of 0.0 or at least under 0.5. Last night was a 0.3 and the day before was a 0.0! Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
I also have the Adapt(S9 ASV). All I can say is, it is a god send. My device provider and my doctor got into an argument about the high pressure setting prescript by the doctor. I was have trouble with the first S9 machine (sorry don't remember which one it was) but my main problem was the pressure was too high for me even before the ramp up. During the 1st slept study the regular CPAP machines would cause my Central sleep apnea to skyrocket. where without CPAP machine it would normal be fine. The 2nd sleep study was done with bi-pap machine at high pressure, and I was miserable. Anyways this is my 5th day on Adapt at home and my numbers are getting better every night. I am using the ResScan to monitor my progress. I have not figure out why I only get summary (daily) data and no detail data. If anyone can shed any light on getting detail data, that would be great.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2014, 09:39 PM)mageon Wrote: I have not figure out why I only get summary (daily) data and no detail data. If anyone can shed any light on getting detail data, that would be great.

In the download dialogue, click on the "select" button next to data type.
[attachment=692]

Then select all available data.

Your download dialogue should now look like this:

[attachment=694]

ResMed machines erase the detailed data after a week, so frequent downloading is required to ensure you have a continuous database.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mageon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are having such great results with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,354 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 270 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
Question I am still successfully using ResMed S9. Should I get a newer machine? Miriam Hokmah 3 571 11-23-2023, 04:10 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.