Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed VPAP S8 Auto 25- Auto adjustments
RE: ResMed VPAP S8 Auto 25- Auto adjustments
(01-18-2014, 04:59 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 08:33 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Tiny baby steps til it figures it out - this takes a 'bit' of time - who knows how long? meanwhile very night you are not sleeping well til it gets close.

Peter_C,

Are you indicating that it may take a number of nights to pick an optimum pressure and then it only changes from night to night. Maybe that is why the machine only reports one pressure in the LED display daily data under efficacy. I had assumed that the auto machine would change pressures throughout the night as the patient needs so that when one was doing well the pressure would be reduced and vice versa.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
No,I must have said it wrong, it *WILL* change pressure up and down many, many times during the night (as needed), but in small steps, so - if you start at '4', but really need '14', it will take much longer to get to that sweet spot every night (starts at MIN each night) than if you had the start pressure at (say) '10' or '11'. That was the point I was trying to make.

The machine treats every day as the first day. It will not start from the pressure it found was best for you yesterday, but rather from the settings you have set.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a bunch for the info. Makes me wonder what my machine (ResMed VPAP Auto 25) uses for what it reports as pressure because it only gives one number even when operating in auto mode. Is it an average?

Thanks again,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I am *not* sure? I think the 95% range number (same for all the others, whichever it is - average, 95%, or MAX)
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,647 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 74 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,539 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  [Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP Keesh23 10 253 04-06-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 9 660 03-30-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,029 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.