Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed VS Phillips
RE: ResMed VS Phillips
(08-04-2021, 09:51 AM)Gideon Wrote: The Auto Algorithms are different.  The ResMed is more aggressive and based on Flow Limits and Obstructive events, PR is based on Snores with a high correlation to VS2 and Obstructive events.  Typically PR devices require a higher min EPAP to achieve the same level of therapy so higher pressures overall.

Well based on your posts and others who seem reasonable, I am considering a ResMed ASV system.

So with some luck, I will show Medicare this next Tuesday that I indeed qualify for an ASV machine.

So with the ban on Phillips, I will request the only other make a ResMed ASV.

This will allow me to see over a couple of months if: A) I can get used to this system and B) if I both get better reports and more important: feel better.

I also will monitor my sleep with a ResMed Sleep Score Max sleep cycle monitor to see how my sleep behaves and I will use my Blood/Oxygen monitor to watch my Blood/OX ratios during sleep.

This will be a deep test. I will give it a fair test. I pride myself on letting the facts speak louder than my feelings and I am fully able to change my mind when it needs changing.

Question: What can a ResMed AirCurve 10 Bipap Auto ASV do differently/better than the plan ResMed Air Curve 10 BiPAP ASV?

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
AutoASV is an Auto BiPap raising EPAP on Obstructive events in addition to the ASV function.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I found this ResMed sales pitch:

The AirCurve 10 ASV offers truly personalized therapy for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), central and/or mixed apneas, or periodic breathing. By treating central breathing disorders with auto-adjusting pressure support – and upper airway obstruction with auto-adjusting EPAP – the device works to rapidly stabilize respiration.1
As the only one of its kind to target the patient’s own recent minute ventilation, ResMed’s ASV is the most clinically studied adaptive servo-ventilation therapy.

Features:
• ASVAuto Mode - It will also automatically stabilize the upper airway with an increase in EPAP on the next breath following an event to treat and help prevent obstructions. Helps to stabilize ventilation to keep patients at their target minute goal.
• Easy-Breathe Technology - pressure waveform mimics the wave shape of normal breathing and replicates it to deliver natural breathing comfort.
• ASV Mode - The clinically published ASV algorithm constantly learns the patient’s unique respiratory rate and delivers pressure matched to patients’ breathing, adapting dynamically to their changing needs.
• Vsync Continuous Leak Management - helps provide synchrony during leak
• Climate Control - comprises the HumidAir™ humidifier and the ClimateLineAir™ heated air tube, and is designed to deliver constant, comfortable temperature and humidity levels. It also aims to minimize the common side effects of therapy to increase compliance
• AirView - ResMed’s cloud-based patient management system, you can access nightly therapy data, troubleshoot remotely (using the Remote Assist feature) and change device settings remotely

Reads great, like does Phillips..so I have crossed fingers I get one to fully test and use to see if it lives up to all the belief and hype.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sister has severe central apnea (AHI 72) and the sleep lab tried a Resmed ASV machine and the results were not good. Her doctor prescribed the Dreamstation ASV because of the programmable backup rate. Her AHI is now normally below 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rich,

If one of your questions about the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV was pertaining to ASV versus ASV Auto Modes, the only difference I noted over the 2 years of usage was ASV Auto Mode changes EPAP from a static, single setting to EPAP Min/Max, a range.

I might have tried ASV Mode at most 1 night. I found ASV Auto Mode more comfortable, and treated everything I threw at the ASV very well. That is except as noted elsewhere due to no timing control that didn't play as well with introduction of my COPD.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 178 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 252 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,574 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] MORE PHILLIPS ISSUES srlevine1 3 760 02-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 284 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Phillips Recall Question... jonesresidence 9 639 01-08-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 557 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.