Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Warrany Experience
Gross 
ResMed Warrany Experience
I just had terrible experience trying to get ResMed to honor their warranty.  I am wondering if others had better experience.

I have their F20 mask and the accompanying head-strap and frame through Apria, for under 90 days.  The head-strap is prematurely stretched out and requires the masks to be pulled uncomfortably tight, and the frame leaks when turning at night.  I contacted Apria for replacement.  They will sell me the frame after my insurance co-payment, but said the insurance does not cover the head-strap until 180 days.  I asked about warranty replacement for that, and Apria said I need to contact ResMed directly for that.

I went to ResMed website, which says that both the frame and the head-strap are covered for 90 days of warranty.  Since I can get the frame from my insurance (albeit paying a copayment), I asked ResMed for a warranty replacement for head-strap.  They emailed me back to contact my supplier (Apria) for warranty replacement.  I replied that I had already contacted Apria, who asked me to contact ResMed.  They replied, asking me to contact Apria again, and give them a ResMed phone number to contact.

I called Apria again, who said they do not do any warranty replacement after 30 days, and that they do not call anybody related to that.  Back to ResMed, they sent me the exact same canned response to contact Apria, even after I wrote they Apria is not willing to do anything for this.

All the while, the clock is running, and eventually I would be without warranty.

Any experience regarding this?  Any suggestions?  Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Warrany Experience
I have not had to go through this but it does not surprise me at all. In general I'm finding all things DME/cpap full of hassles and runarounds.
Sorry you're in the middle of all that.

You can try soaking the headgear in HOT water and then air drying.
Also, if the frame is leaking are you sure you have the cushion and hose connected properly?

And... is there any chance you are overtightening the headgear in general?
It shouldn't be stretched out in less than 90 days but the f20 should not require tight straps to avoid leaks - the mask needs to billow out a bit to seal.
It could be the wrong size or the wrong mask for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
The F20 AirTouch needs to be tighter than the all latex masks most wearers here have reported previously. I've used my headgear for as much as a year with no stretching
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon sells complete replacement headset for $27.90. I don't see Resmed issuing a warranty for a stretched headset. As far as warranty, you should contact your insurer and check if your DME is correct on replacement interval. Most DMEs are the weak link in being helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 421 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 104 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Any experience with paradoxical breathing? pezhead99 3 545 11-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: pezhead99
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,460 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Somnics iNAP experience after 1 week joshielevy 12 5,351 07-19-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 514 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial
  Those of you who experience Hypopneas and not Apneas, what were your symptoms and how jz68 5 1,017 04-24-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.