Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed airfit f30i leaves welts where cushion rests against face
ResMed airfit f30i leaves welts where cushion rests against face
I use a full-face ResMed airfit f30i with a standard sized frame and medium cushion. I get long vertical welts where the cushion rests against my face on either side of my mouth, and these take hours to go away.  Do you think this would be solved by using a wider cushion?  Other than this issue and occasional air leaks by my nose, I really like this mask.  

Thank you for any suggestions!
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed airfit f30i leaves welts where cushion rests against face
I use one and from what you wrote I would think your mask is to tight. Give it another try with it much looser. Make sure all oil is off your face - that does make a difference
\
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2021, 12:04 AM)staceyburke Wrote: I use one and from what you wrote I would think your mask is to tight.   Give it another try with it much looser.  Make sure all oil is off your face - that does make a difference
\
Thanks for your reply, staceyburke!  I'll try it tonight with the straps looser.
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have not conquered how loose/tight to make my straps, but I am getting there.  Something that helped me is a buckwheat pillow.  With this material I can lie down, turn on my side and get comfortable and then push the pillow away from the mask and the side of my face enough to take the pressure off. And it stays that way.  You might want to investigate this. It takes a little getting used to. You add or remove the filling to suit yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2021, 12:43 PM)Superstar Wrote: I too have not conquered how loose/tight to make my straps, but I am getting there.  Something that helped me is a buckwheat pillow.  With this material I can lie down, turn on my side and get comfortable and then push the pillow away from the mask and the side of my face enough to take the pressure off. And it stays that way.  You might want to investigate this. It takes a little getting used to. You add or remove the filling to suit yourself.

Thanks for the suggestion, Superstar! I do use a soft pillow that I try to arrange away from my mask but it doesn’t stay in place. In the past, I purchased and tried to use CPAP pillows that had a cut out on each side for the mask, but they weren’t very comfortable.
EmilySleeps
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't know if I had welts when I began my CPAP therapy, but I did have some face marks that were somewhat sore and red. 

I started out using an AirFit F20 FFM. After a weeks or so, the marks and the redness went away. I guess it was just my face acclimating.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the cut out one as well and agree with you. I could never get my head positioned so that the cut out was anywhere near the mask, lol. But that pillow cured a long time neck problem which has not come back with the buckwheat pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your masks shouldn’t leave welts. Is it adjusted too tightly, or are you reacting to your mask? If you are reacting to any part of the mask, Pad A Cheek has covers for the straps and for the silicon part of almost all masks. I have problems with both straps and silicone, and have used Pad A Cheek covers for more than 10 years. They look expensive, but wash well in the washer and dry in the dryer. They last a long time. There are other brands of strap and mask covers, but I haven’t tried them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,968 3 minutes ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  ResMed F30 Leaves me Thirsty captnrontx 1 108 03-19-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 512 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 168 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.