Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed airsense 10 elbow leak?
ResMed airsense 10 elbow leak?
I have an ResMed air sense 10 using an Airfit 20 full mask with cushion mask. It’s generally quiet while on I can hear small air coming from elbow where’s it’s attached to mask nothing unusual but past 2 nights I noticed more air flow coming from elbow a lot louder and wife even noticed it woke up with the sad frown face for bad leaks not sure what’s going on. Been using for like 5 month so never had an issue with leaks or anything just past 2 nights I have no clue.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed airsense 10 elbow leak?
I have the same setup, AS10 - Airfit 20, I had an air leak issue one night and so I tore the setup down and cleaned it with vinegar water. I noticed some of the small vents had clogs so I had to carefully clean them with a toothpick and flushing water. I also noted the flaps in the elbow were not flipping up all the way and so I cleaned the back of them thru the openings with a q-tip.

I'm not a dirty guy, I use my SoClean every few days, but it had some stuff in there, all I can figure is I had a stuffy nose and maybe I sneezed in the mask at a low pressure point and it gummed up. I also know that if I put the covers over the mask, or the mask into the pillow it can make the frowny but its so loud in my head that it wakes me up and I fix the situation. Hope you get your issue figured out, but if its loud and in the elbow most likely the flaps are getting stuck and not opening all the way to block off the openings in the elbow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 43 4 hours ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 473 6 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 61 10 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 56 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,930 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,335 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.