Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Permanent indentions on side of head from Airtouch F20 mask headgear?
Permanent indentions on side of head from Airtouch F20 mask headgear?
Since starting CPAP a three years ago, I've now noticed some indentions on the sides of my head. I think it may be due to the headgear. The indentions run across the top of my ears, in the same place as glasses sitting above the ears. I feel the indentions underneath both sideburns. 

I have tried to massage them out, but they appear permanent now. I don't think I wear my mask too tight. I tighten only enough to keep leaks out. But I do lay on my side at night. I also use a Philips chin strap underneath the headgear. The chin strap covers my sideburns and pads them well, so I don't know how indentions are still happening there. 

It's like the fleshy part of my skin has got moved around and now tracks are made permanently. Anyone have a solution to this and if able to fix?
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Permanent indentions on side of head from Airtouch F20 mask headgear?
Myron have a look at Supplier #31. They provide pads which are designed to ease the pressure from straps and masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
MyronH,

You are not the only one with permanent indentations. I have them on top and back of my head. I also have indentations on the side of my face that do go away after a while. By using a padacheek from Supplier #31 will help by spreading the pressure over a larger area. It may not take them away completely.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I'll look into pad a cheek.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 35 3 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 614 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 413 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.