Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed lost/misplaced SD card
ResMed lost/misplaced SD card
I had removed SD card in order to do OSCAR import but misplaced card before re-inserting card into ResMed. I will call my DME, but wonder if anyone has advice. My camera SDHC cards are too big to fit the ResMed slot. Do they use some proprietary SD card which they need to "format" specifically for the unit which I only started with a week ago. I will continue to search house (perhaps one of my cats decided the card was a new toy on my office desk and has turned it into a hockey puck).

Am I correct that until SD card is in machine that no data can be transmitted to my doctor's office? 

Just one more bump in the road to getting up and running with treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed lost/misplaced SD card
Incorrect, SD card stores detailed data, but data is still transmitted, the transmitted data is typically less detailed than what OSCAR views.

Any standard (cheap) SD card will work between 2 an 32 GB. It is not proprietary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any SD card (SDHC) from >2GB to 32GB should work fine. They come formatted as FAT32 which is standard and what your machine would expect. Mine came with a 4GB SDHC card. Any "off the shelf" SDHC card in those capacities should work.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 12:40 PM)Liteheart1 Wrote: My camera SDHC cards are too big to fit the ResMed slot.
This is the strange part of your post. There are SD Cards that usually go in cameras and there are Micro SD Cards that go in phones
(and they often come with adapters so they can be used in a SD Card slot), so your camera one should fit the slot.

I think maybe you've looked for the slot in the wrong place, and you've looked under the lower cover, and found the slot for the oximeter connector.

Look above that, same side which will say SD on the cover, and that's where the SD Card slot is. If your camera takes an SDCard (and not a Sony Memory card), or
a CF flash card, then that SD card will fit.

You can use either an SD Card or an SDHC Card or an SDXC card; a ResMed 10 machine will format it to suit. But the 2GB to 4GB
size range is all you're likely to need.

If I'm right about the slots, maybe you'll find your old SD Card in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to both, BUT my Transcend SDHC 16GB class 10 card is too wide to fit in the ResMed slot. Perhaps they have changed the slot size on the recent machines. Via Google I did find this on the ResMed website. Looks like they are trying to force people to use their won (rebranded SD cards) so I imagine they can make more profit!
This is particularly about S9 devices:

Why do you recommend only using SD cards supplied by ResMed?
You should use an SD card that has been supplied by ResMed as these were validated to meet the safety standards legally required. 
ResMed has selected several SD cards that meet the necessary safety requirements  (e.g., IEC 60601-1) and supplies these with the therapy device or as accessories. Not all SD cards on the market meet the clearance requirement or have been tested and validated to work with S9 devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe they have changed the card slot size.

Can you post a photo showing the slot with your plain old SDHC card next to it?
Or measure the size of the slot.
It would be useful if we could verify this.

S9 machines could not use SDXC cards (which really just can hold more data that SDHC)
and in turn that is the difference between SDHC and plain SD.

However I've tried SD, SDHC, and SDXC with adapter in my Autosense 10, and posted about it, as all will work.
The Autosense just doesn't like the formatting on the SDXC, so it happily reformats it to one it does like.

So yes, more money for Resmed.
Although SDHC are now so prevalent, that it wouldn't surprise me if a ResMed SD (not SDHC) was about the same price as a store bought one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2020, 01:14 PM)mjphyi Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 12:40 PM)Liteheart1 Wrote: My camera SDHC cards are too big to fit the ResMed slot.

If I'm right about the slots, maybe you'll find your old SD Card in there.

Thank you and feel a bit foolish as I had indeed re-inserted the card but as you noted there are is an upper door which is not where I had been looking. Reminds me of when I'm really tired and looking for my glasses, but actually I am already wearing them!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is one of the things that can fit in the lower slot.
USB Module
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Lost weight, no doc, can't get my settings right... japesinjapan 9 275 03-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,045 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 393 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 292 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.