Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type?
RE: ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type?
Ive been doing cpap a long time.  Over 35 years.

ive had the same question  My answer...a suggestion.  ask yourself how do you feel?

You use OSCAR. Can you see changes?

Hope this helps

edit
I was under care of "The-Sleep-Doc-from-he--" for a long time.  His criteria for treatment was
* was the Respironics brick machine on enough hours?  He literally checked every appointment. 
* he asked a bunch of questions  

Im inclined to check details too
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type?
This is just an experience I had from one night, so I don't know how useful it is, but I believe that I had a little more pressure on FFM than pillows. 

Long explanation: I started out CPAP with nasal pillows/cushions because I don't mouth-breathe, but my mouth would fill with air and puff up my cheeks (chipmunk cheeks), and then the air would pop out of my lips. The DME guy said to use a FFM because it would equalize the pressure on both sides of the mouth. That did help reduce them, but I ended up also having to wear a soft cervical collar to eliminate them completely (that kept my jaw from relaxing and dropping back to the point where my tongue stopped blocking my airway). 

With the F30i and cervical collar, I stopped having the puffy cheek problem. But the last couple of nights I've been using the F40 mask, and even with the cervical collar, the cheek puffs are back. Last night I was having them during the first hour or so of bed, so thinking back to what the DME guy said, I switched from the recommended "pillows" setting to "full face". I did not "feel" any difference between the two settings, I did not have any puffs after I changed the setting, so I'm going to leave it that way for a while. 

Note: I use fixed pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 131 04-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 153 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 330 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 306 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 429 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 548 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 359 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.