Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm New and I'm Tired...zoom of CA's
RE: I'm New and I'm Tired...zoom of CA's
here is some more data from last night //imgur.com/HazaTsU][Image: HazaTsU.png][/url]
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply
With the leak rate that high, the data is not reliable. Try to include the leak data in the graphs since that is an issue. De verdad, vives en Mexico?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2015, 03:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: With the leak rate that high, the data is not reliable. Try to include the leak data in the graphs since that is an issue. De verdad, vives en Mexico?

I was really tired and probably unaware the nose mask was leaking.

Si, verdad. Conoces Lago de Chapala?
Barbara
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2015, 02:03 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote: Thanks Daria. I recall waking having trouble exhale....like resistance. I was using nose mask, maybe I'll switch to Nose pillow tonight and see if that changes anything. Face mask would be my last ditch effort, but may not be as bad as I imagine.

The increased resistance on exhale is because of lowering EPR. Which you needed to try to get rid of centrals. but looking at your data, the first thing to be done is get the mask leaks under control. it's not staying in place, doesnt fit right ---- OR you are opening your mouth. it is not just a spike or 2, it is up all night. Are you waking with a dry sticky mouth? if you are, then you should try a chinstrap. Somewhere on this board someone described using an ace bandage.... yet another creative person made one out of an old mask's headband. There are some options for getting a chinstrap working made out of articles on hand Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2015, 05:24 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 02:03 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote: Thanks Daria. I recall waking having trouble exhale....like resistance. I was using nose mask, maybe I'll switch to Nose pillow tonight and see if that changes anything. Face mask would be my last ditch effort, but may not be as bad as I imagine.

The increased resistance on exhale is because of lowering EPR. Which you needed to try to get rid of centrals. but looking at your data, the first thing to be done is get the mask leaks under control. it's not staying in place, doesnt fit right ---- OR you are opening your mouth. it is not just a spike or 2, it is up all night. Are you waking with a dry sticky mouth? if you are, then you should try a chinstrap. Somewhere on this board someone described using an ace bandage.... yet another creative person made one out of an old mask's headband. There are some options for getting a chinstrap working made out of articles on hand Smile

Yes, dry, scratchy mouth/throat. First time! Maybe need to push EPR back to 1. I'm going to try nose pillow tonight. I can makeshift a chin strap if I have the problem again. Thanks for the observations. I'm learning as I go along!

Barbara
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that at least some of the CAs are actually OAs but look to the machine like a clear airway because it is clear all the way out to the atmosphere. You definitely need to get the leaks under control and it looks to me like they are mouth leaks/breathing. I would go for the chin strap as soon as possible. Jerry rig it if necessary but be ready to go to a full face mask if need be.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 223 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 38 4 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 65 11 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,975 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 180 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 136 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.