Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed memory card
ResMed memory card
How often does the ResMed S9 write it's data to the memory card. I haven't seen any data written since Feb. 28.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed memory card
Which S9 do you have?

Try unplugging your machine; sit for 10 minutes; repower; and see if it works.

The machine should write every night and as the data is sampled.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine only says S9. I power it down every morning when I get up and and turn it on again when I go to bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2015, 07:39 PM)pgstegall Wrote: The machine only says S9. I power it down every morning when I get up and and turn it on again when I go to bed.

Look by the power button -- should have the model name.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2015, 07:44 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(03-06-2015, 07:39 PM)pgstegall Wrote: The machine only says S9. I power it down every morning when I get up and and turn it on again when I go to bed.

Look by the power button -- should have the model name.

Look for a name like Escape, Elite, Autoset or VPAP. All except the Escape should write full data to the card every day. The Escape is limited to time used and (maybe?) AHI - nothing else.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pgstegall,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, it says Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK. Have you changed cards since the last time you downloaded to SleepyHead or ResScan?

Is the card you are using an SDHC card? I could never get them to work in the S9 - I had to stick with the old straight SD cards that were 2GB or less.

The last time you downloaded, did you slide the little tab to "Write Protect" - which you probably should if using a Windows 8 or later machine - there have been reports that Win 8 or higher will write a hidden file to the cards that may interfere. If you did flip the write protect tab, did you unflip it before reinstalling the card in the machine?

Did you say the magic incantation "Babba-roush!" three times when you installed the card? Folks in Southern state can substitute Bubba-roush!"

OMM

Post Reply Post Reply
Right, the Autoset is fully data capable so you should be getting a whole lot of data every night. Some things to check / confirm...

1. You are actually using the machine? (Yeah I know, silly question but you'd be amazed...)

2. Have you tried using an alternative card? It doesn't need to be Resmed branded - any 2 gb SD card (eg from a camera) will do. High density SD cards may not work. The machine will reformat the card on first use, so don't use one with anything valuable on it.

3. Is the card properly inserted into the machine? On my VPAP there is no error message if the card is not inserted.

4. Is the write-protect tab loose or on the wrong setting? The machine should give you an error if write protect is set on.

5. Your profile says you're not using software. How do you know the machine is not writing data? (Time to update your profile?)

Hopefully one or more of the above will help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the original card that came with the machine. It's a SD card of unknown size, has a ResMed sticker where the memory size and info is located.

I use windown 7 and I just double checked and the write protect is in the unlocked position.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 232 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 396 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 294 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 516 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.