Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed memory card
RE: ResMed memory card
(03-08-2015, 01:22 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 11:11 AM)pgstegall Wrote: Ok, looks like the problem was a bad memory card. Don't know the brand or quality of the original one supplied with the machine. Installed a good one I use for shooting video and the machine instantly formatted it and downloaded all the current data including the data from last week that was missing. Thanks to everyone for their replies.

I'd point out that ResMed, on their website, makes a rather big deal of telling us that anything other than a card supplied by them won't do. My card failed early and I used another one for a month or two with no problem until I got resupplied with a ResMed approved one.

The thing is, that should your machine fail during the warranty period and while you have a non approved card in the machine, they just might use that as an excuse not to honor their warranty.

The ResMed web page looks to me like a concern with regulatory issues about spacing between the patient and electrical circuits in medical equipment. Certain spacing and other things are required for regulatory requirements. If they told you you could use just any card, they'd have to do some more paperwork, and maybe some design changes that wouldn't really affect safety.

Of course, the general desire to have you buy supplies only from them is probably there, too.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,182 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 273 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 453 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 290 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 427 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  ResMed Airsence 10 for her SD Card BNelson 4 305 01-12-2024, 06:20 PM
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 539 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.