Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed's myAir program
ResMed's myAir program
I use the myAir program in addition to having Sleepyhead and ResScan.  

myAir usually takes over an hour before I can see the data via their application(app) I download from their company site.

In trying to figure out why this takes so long in this quick communication world I contacted ResMed.  Here is their answer on 11/30/2018:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting myAir Support.

We checked your account and confirmed myAir is receiving your daily therapy data. Data transmission from your machine can be delayed due to poor cellular coverage, your machine being turned off, or even excess traffic entering the myAir system.

Your Air Solution machine does not use WiFi. It transmits data wirelessly to myAir using cellular phone technology. Your machine automatically transmits data when it is within range of a cellular tower and has a strong enough signal. 

NOTE: Cellular coverage varies. In some cases, it can take several hours after you wake up for data to appear in your myAir account.

It may take several hours to transmit all of your therapy data to myAir. In the meantime, you may see only a partial reading in your myAir dashboard. Try signing in to myAir later in the day to check your dashboard.

Find answers to many of your myAir questions on our support page (https://myair.resmed.com/Support.aspx). Be sure to also check out the helpful videos and articles in your myAir Sleep Library.

Regards,
Your myAir Support Team

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed's myAir program
Kind of makes sense. Speed of cellular transmissions vary based on distance to tower, signal strength, tower congestion, tower density, carrier and weather. In an ideal setting you may see download/upload speeds about 5.76/7.2 Mbps for 2G/3G and 75/75 Kbps for LTE Cat-M1 (rough estimates). If you have thousands hitting the tower/cell network for data all around the same time and add maybe millions sending their data to ResMed's servers, it's easy to see why it could take so long.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I was guessing that the 1 hour wait time was to eliminate or reduce the possibility of the user adding sleep time to a session before transmission. This would reduce paying for additional upload air time. Again, this was just a guess.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AirSense 11 must have Wi-fi built-in, by popular massive demand.

And by mere common sense, too.

#21stCentury
Post Reply Post Reply
I see two problems with using WiFi for data reporting: First, it requires cpap users to also have a wifi router and the knowledge to set up the connection to it, and second, it uses the the user's data plan, at an unknown additional cost to the user.

Also, the wifi protocols are well-known and easy to hack; security could be an issue. Cell tower protocols are much less widely available.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's true and at one time some ISPs limited the number of devices that can connect to their modems before they charged you more.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet yesterday, and had the opportunity to ask the respiratory therapist (RT) about the so-called wifi. It turns out it is not wifi at all.

Instead, much like a security system, the communication is via cell. I specifically asked whether the cell belonged to ResMed or to the DME, and the RT told me it belongs to the DME. This makes sense when you think about it, because providers will vary by location.

This means that the user does not need to have Internet service, nor link to their router if they do have Internet service.

My AirSense came already set up with a SIM card installed by the DME so that the AirSense contacts the DME's cell system to report my data.

As soon as I got home with my new AirSense, I called up my sleep doc's office to let them know, as the AirSense was replacing my DOA F&P Icon+. The sleep doc's office checked their ResMed site, and they were already able to see that I now have the AirSense! That was within an hour of my receiving the new AirSense!

So that means that the DME tells the ResMed reporting system the user name and the serial number for the APAP they received.

Both the DME and the sleep doc can look at the same data, so the DME can know if they need to bill you and the sleep doc can know if the settings are OK.

The minute I got home I changed my setting from CPAP 9 to APAP 7-10, as I previously had done to my F&P. The new menus is very easy and so is accessing the Clinician Menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2019, 03:16 PM)Maudessen Wrote: I just received my new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet yesterday, and had the opportunity to ask the respiratory therapist (RT) about the so-called wifi. It turns out it is not wifi at all.  

Instead, much like a security system, the communication is via cell. I specifically asked whether the cell belonged to ResMed or to the DME, and the RT told me it belongs to the DME. This makes sense when you think about it, because providers will vary by location.

This means that the user does not need to have Internet service, nor link to their router if they do have Internet service.

My AirSense came already set up with a SIM card installed by the DME so that the AirSense contacts the DME's cell system to report my data.

As soon as I got home with my new AirSense, I called up my sleep doc's office to let them know, as the AirSense was replacing my DOA F&P Icon+. The sleep doc's office checked their ResMed site, and they were already able to see that I now have the AirSense! That was within an hour of my receiving the new AirSense!

So that means that the DME tells the ResMed reporting system the user name and the serial number for the APAP they received.

Both the DME and the sleep doc can look at the same data, so the DME can know if they need to bill you and the sleep doc can know if the settings are OK.

The minute I got home I changed my setting from CPAP 9 to APAP 7-10, as I previously had done to my F&P. The new menus is very easy and so is accessing the Clinician Menu.

I'm new to cpap and have been on this site for about 7 days.   I'm using a Resmed 10 Autoset.   Is there any compelling reason to use/access Resmed MyAir???  I know SleepyHead provides all the charts we need, perhaps even more than we need...

Also, is there any other site that is recommended for cpap issues, concerns & information?   I've already learned a fair amount here in a short time, but I know I have long way to go.  - - Thanks for any information on this!
Post Reply Post Reply
Only if you want to be the recipient of some prestigious MyAir Gold Badges. With those, and a token, you'll be able to ride the subway.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2019, 06:18 PM)AlanE Wrote: Only if you want to be the recipient of some prestigious MyAir Gold Badges. With those, and a token, you'll be able to ride the subway.

Roundtrip??? like 

Okay, so much for Resmed MyAir....  any other sites worth visiting???
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 184 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Help reading program Aeonmed AS100A Autocpap ZaidAddenis 1 125 03-08-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 159 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,251 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  Program a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HD Fry 9 693 12-07-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 660 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn
Question Anyone know of an App or Video Program that can Record Sleep Position Automatically? Plmnb 3 769 04-11-2023, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.